Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-18-2010, 04:39 AM   #1
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro

Drives: '09 Tacoma | '90 Tercel
Why I didn't PM SAV912 the week I was in Savannah for a photo shoot.

Would you believe a deer did that? It happened in Maryland on the way down... drove all the way to Georgia and discovered the car was idling like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoGVjpy3EoM
Said fuck it, enjoyed the rest of my week with my Fiancee, drove the car back home.

Currently at a trusted local auto body shop that does written warranties and has a lifetime warranty. WAS going to go to a Toyota Collision Center, but my deductible is $1,000 and I don't have any extra spare cash to cover for it... you gotta find that $1,000 somewhere.

I just hope I can get her back to the way I found her. The only thing I did to Haku thus far is remove the rear seat. It's pathetic! :(

Damage is WORSE than it looks. And yes, the window is STUCK like that.

Taken in Alhambra Apartments, near the Bank of America on Victory Drive. (2200 - pretty much halfway between Historic Downtown and Abercorn) That's where my fiancee lives for the time being. Holla if you know that landmark. :D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5e3ad51d.jpg (37.3 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by Midnight Drifter; 11-18-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Midnight Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I believe he is a busy man! Damn Deer! Good luck on getting the Yaris fixed!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
So is that also the reason your check engine light is on? And another one I'm not sure of, maybe the maintenance light?
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I think the check headlight and check fender lights are probably on too.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
Vioz

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Vioz
damn man, i almost hit a deer the other week too, i was doing about 50-60 miles around a bend that was sharp at all and a deer just starts sprinting, a male deer with huge antlers, i slam on my brakes and put it on gear 1 (automatic lol) and yea dodged him fine if i was going any faster I would've hit him.

Vioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I think the check headlight and check fender lights are probably on too.
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Here's the top 3 worst animals, from stupidest to stupid.

1. Deers
2. Squirrel
3. Seagulls

Sorry to hear about that.... :(
One reason, other than the deer smacking your car, for your car idling like that could be the timing chain, where it sits and that whole mounted unit, it could have been pushed off..

I know when i went to a cheap repair shop to get my timing belt changed, they mounted incorrectly, thus i could not go any faster than 50 mph...and acceleration had DECREASED to a bicycle's level...
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
st0rmfreak
constantly changing

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris lb
wow. that looks almost identical to the damage my yaris suffered when i hit a deer 2 weeks ago.

wreck1.jpg

st0rmfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #9
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
sorry your trip to savannah was a bust.. savannah native here also.. live on the southside inbetween the malls.. anywho.. have a safe trip home and enjoy the rest of your stay
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:45 AM   #10
slothman86

Man! So many Yaris in Savannah. Could of been a great photo shoot if al of the Yaris were not messed up lol
Old 11-23-2010, 06:09 AM   #11
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmfreak View Post
wow. that looks almost identical to the damage my yaris suffered when i hit a deer 2 weeks ago.

Attachment 38397
Damn, that's a bad hit. :<

Once pix are out, I'll show you guys the recovery.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Wow! I just saw this thread. Been very busy at the pharm, don't get on YW as often as I should. :(

Terribly sorry about your ride. Haku looks like a slick one, pre-accident. This is awful! Sloth just had his totalled out a few weeks ago near the same area that your fiancee lives in, but he was a bit further into the historic district.

I've had a shave with fender bending Poivre's nose up myself. Apparently, Savannah is not kind to Yarii hatches.

That was two days before my 24th birthday. Spent about a week at Ward's and came home with a new nose. Next time you (or if anyone else native to SAV) are in the area, definitely hit me up though. I live on the Southside and work just off I95, but I frequent downtown often. Let's get a shoot together, post surgery!

-SAV :)

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #13
slothman86

I will make a yaris from a cardboard box so I can be in the shoot!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #14
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

You say that, and yet I'm sure some of the SCAD kids would be thrilled to do so. We'll make it like that full size pedal Porsche 911 that was on Top Gear a few seasons ago!

I'll have to get the lady in on this again. Even though she decided to cover her car in awful Alabama stuff. That'd be four hatches for the cams. 2 white, a black, and whatever Sharpie markers you use for your cardboard. :D

-SAV =)

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro

And the good news is, I'm going front-plate-less thanks to a loophole I found in the front plate law.

Exerpt:
Quote:
39:3-33. Markers; requirements concerning; display of fictitious or wrong numbers, etc.; punishment
The owner of an automobile which is driven on the public highways of this State shall display not less than 12 inches nor more than 48 inches from the ground in a horizontal position, and in such a way as not to swing, an identification mark or marks to be furnished by the division; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle; and provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle; and provided, further, that the rear identification mark may be displayed more than 48 inches from the ground on tank trucks, trailers and other commercial vehicles carrying inflammable liquids and on sanitation vehicles which are used to collect, transport and dispose of garbage, solid wastes and refuse. Motorcycles shall also display an identification mark or marks; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the motorcycle; and provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the motorcycle.

The identification mark or marks shall contain the number of the registration certificate of the vehicle and shall be of such design and material as prescribed pursuant to section 2 of P.L.1989, c.202 (C.39:3-33.9). All identification marks shall be kept clear and distinct and free from grease, dust or other blurring matter, so as to be plainly visible at all times of the day and night.

No person shall drive a motor vehicle which has a license plate frame or identification marker holder that conceals or otherwise obscures any part of any marking imprinted upon the vehicle's registration plate or any part of any insert which the director, as hereinafter provided, issues to be inserted in and attached to that registration plate or marker.

The director is authorized and empowered to issue registration plate inserts, to be inserted in and attached to the registration plates or markers described herein. They may be issued in the place of new registration plates or markers; and inscribed thereon, in numerals, shall be the year in which registration of the vehicle has been granted.

No person shall drive a motor vehicle the owner of which has not complied with the provisions of this subtitle concerning the proper registration and identification thereof, nor drive a motor vehicle which displays a fictitious number, or a number other than that designated for the motor vehicle in its registration certificate. During the period of time between the application for motor vehicle registration and the receipt of registration plates from the division, no person shall affix a plate or marker for the purpose of advertisement in the position on a motor vehicle normally reserved for the display of the registration plates required by this section if the plate or marker is designed with a combination of letters, numbers, colors, or words to resemble the registration plates required by this section.

A person convicted of displaying a fictitious number, as prohibited herein, shall be subject to a fine not exceeding $500.00 or imprisonment in the county jail for not more than 60 days.

A person violating any other provision of this section shall be subject to a fine not exceeding $100.00. In default of the payment thereof, there shall be imposed an imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 10 days. A person convicted of a second offense of the same violation may be fined in double the amount herein prescribed for the first offense and may, in default of the payment thereof, be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 20 days. These penalties shall not apply to the display of a fictitious number.
The bodyshop shall be re-issuing the car back to me with only one plate on it...
Old 12-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Very clever.

I liked having no plate on it at first, but when I got the nose skin replaced, the body shop drilled the holes in the front bumper even though Georgia doesn't require a front plate. I hate the holes, so I had to get a plate to go on there. -sigh-

-SAV

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #17
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro

Just a heads up to Chatham-Savannah area members, I'm leaving tonight for the SAV and I'll be there 'til Thursday if someone wants to do a mini meet or photo shoot!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #18
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
hey.. im free all week after 430pm.. if sav912 is in that be awesome.. i got a really good camera also.. text me for a meet up. pm sent
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote