Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2021, 06:23 AM   #1
brya
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris III - 2017
Yaris 2017 - CAN Bus questions

Hi everyone,

I've recently bought OBD-II interface and an AutoPi to do some experimentation on my Yaris (model Yaris III, ordered in 2017 in France) and I need some information about CAN buses.

Do you have any website or any document where I can found a list of all CAN buses available in my Yaris ? Actually, I've tried to communicate with CAN system from OBD-II port (the connector on the right at the pedals) with various standards but dumps didn't return anything.

Any help would be great !

Thanks,

Brya
brya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 11:57 AM   #2
drunix

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3D LB
You posted here forever ago and got no responses. Are you still out there? Did you make any progress with your AutoPi? I was on their mailing list for a year or so but never wanted to spend that much on their very nice looking hardware. I got an ODB2 -> USB ELM327 adapter about 10 years ago and confirmed it worked finally plugged it in again yesterday. The free version of obdautodoctor worked on my Linux laptop.

I used to have a Garmin Ecoroute which worked about 50% of the time. They canceled it, I wish they had kept at it and fixed it instead, when it worked it was great. Now I miss having gauges for temp etc available on the NuVi on the dash so I am thinking about DIY approach, for its high entertainment value. (Don't have a TV, not into sports, don't drink (well, coffeeeee). Just want to hack all the time...)

I found this book yesterday, looks interesting. http://opengarages.org/handbook/

Actually it seems at this stage there is TOO MUCH can bus information out there for me to process. I will need to take a week off. OH! Christmas! YAY.

There are 2007 manuals floating around for Yaris but I think that your Yaris III is probably quite different?? I have a 2010 so its wiring is pretty much the same.

Cheers, hope you are still out there and hacking away with the AutoPi. Brian
drunix is offline   Reply With Quote