Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-11-2022, 11:26 AM   #1
Pinchlite

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Wheel cylinder drum brake bolt size?

update: got it off by smashing the wheel cylinder...broke it to pieces and know its off and i have original bolt....so far good.

Seeing the line was broke and rusted into the cylinder i got a new metal line...

problem is the old metal line wont come off (see pic)

https://i.imgur.com/hiFkscI.jpg

P.s...since clamping line and ziptieing handle the brakes have never felt better.

Hardly gotta push on the brake pedal and its nice and tight....brakes grab real nice.

That old cyliner must have been shot since I owned the car.

Well going to go back and give it another shot and break something else while I am at it....mechanics are a month wait out here unfortunately.

Last edited by Pinchlite; 07-11-2022 at 01:27 PM.
Pinchlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:45 AM   #2
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
honestly pinching the soft lines is BAD, and if you cant get the hard line off the soft line then goto the next joint and try it....id highly reccomend some croil or ...pb blaster to soak into it before trying to break it free..also...try to tighten it ever so slightly before trying to break it loose, the trick here is that it will free up the threads slightly

worst case...apply heat
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote