Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-07-2015, 04:33 PM   #1
juicyjosh

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE MT
FS: TEIN STREET ADVANCE Coilovers (Lots of Pics!)

Hello everyone,

For sale is a set of TEIN STREET ADVANCE Coilovers in excellent cosmetic condition and in perfect operating condition. These coilovers are designed for the 11+ Yaris and 12+ Prius c.

Priced to sell at $600 for everything pictured (unless otherwise *noted), which includes shipping within the 48 contiguous United States and Paypal fees.

Paypal is rx7doctor@gmail.com.

Please include the items purchased and your *correct* shipping address in the Paypal notes.
juicyjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
juicyjosh

Talking Pics!

Old 02-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
Thebigwicks

Drives: 2008 lowered yaris on 17's
How much of a drop do these guys offer?
Thebigwicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
WorkTL

Drives: 2013 Yaris LE
These coilovers ride great for a daily driver. I just installed a set on mine. drop is 2.5".
WorkTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:29 AM   #5
juicyjosh

Thumbs up Packaged Pics!

TEIN STREET ADVANCE coil overs carefully packaged with lots of bubble wrap and styrofoam in the original shipping box!

Old 02-17-2015, 02:02 AM   #6
juicyjosh

Question How old are the coil overs?

Practically new.

The coil overs were only on the Yaris for about 6800 miles in the 14 months from Nov 2013 through Jan 2015.

I work 12 miles from my apartment, and I have no life

Unopened package on Oct 15, 2013:

Pic taken I the day I installed them, stamped by my phone Nov 9, 2013:
(Specifically this is the pic of the top of one of the front strut/coil over assemblies. You tighten down the OEM spring hat with that gold nut, then just place the rubber mount on top and put the coil over assembly back on the car.)

Pic taken the day I uninstalled them: (Yes, I have a history of working on cars at night, in the rain. I finished at 4:30 AM. Good times!)
Old 02-17-2015, 02:21 AM   #7
juicyjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkTL View Post
These coilovers ride great for a daily driver. I just installed a set on mine. drop is 2.5".
Actually, yeah, they are. Although I wouldn't want them any stiffer. What surprised me when I installed them was how much more controlled the car became, which in turn made the car much more fun to drive; Less dive under braking, less squat under acceleration, WAAAAY less body roll in the corners (even without a rear anti-roll bar), and WAAAAYAYAY less bouncy-reboundy on the freeway. And with the dampening adjusted somewhere in the middle, the ride is not harsh. The car just feels controlled.

The TEINs are just higher quality and better engineered handling components than the stock parts.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:37 AM   #8
juicyjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebigwicks View Post
How much of a drop do these guys offer?
It's a fairly significant drop. As a reminder, the STREET ADVANCE coilovers give you independently adjustable dampening, spring preload, and ride height adjustments.

Stock Yaris suspension.

Yaris on TEIN STREET ADVANCE coil overs - better form AND function (The rear could have come down another inch, but I preferred this slightly raked look.)
Old 02-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #9
Thebigwicks

Are there anything missing or wrong on these?
Old 02-17-2015, 11:51 PM   #10
juicyjosh

Quote:
Are there anything missing or wrong on these?
Nothing at all is wrong with these coil overs.

As stated above, they were only on the Yaris for 14 months for about 6800 miles, originally installed and removed by yours truly. I've provided as much detail as to their history as possible so the new owner can buy with confidence.

Everything in the first 8 pictures of this thread is included. The TEIN STREET ADVANCE coil overs use the following parts off your stock Yaris:

For the fronts, the TEINs use the stock bump stops (cut in half), the stock spring top plate to hold the spring (secured by the gold nut), then place the big stock rubber bushing/mount on top and bolt the coil over on the car. (The gold nut and big rubber bushing/mount are pictured above.) The stock Yaris bolt-on hardware (i.e. bolts and washers) are used at the top of the struts/shocks at all 4 corners.

I've packaged the entire set of TEIN STREET ADVANCE coil overs at the same height settings as I had on my Yaris (pictured, not included), which is maximum low in the front, and room to play in the rear (either go another inch or so lower, or raise it up about 3 inches), so the buyer will already know how her or his car will look with the STREET ADVANCEs out-of-the-box, based on the pics.

Last edited by juicyjosh; 02-18-2015 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #11
Thebigwicks

So I'm assuming you can't adjust the dampening in one of the front struts. That's what I was trying to get at. It seems to me like the (for lack of better words) adjuster is missing. I guess you just going to leave that out?
Old 02-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #12
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
The single adjustment tool fits into the top of each damper and is stored elsewhere (glovebox?) between uses.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:34 PM   #13
Thebigwicks

Oh okay! You might have a buyer within the next week or so!
Also, do you know if they can work with a rear TRD sway bar and what is your reason for selling? Not low enough? Haha
Old 02-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #14
kustomrtr

Drives: 2k7 Yaris
sigh, wish I had the money to buy them. Those are some great coilovers hope you sell it soon and the new owner take care of them
kustomrtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:03 AM   #15
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
COMEON PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Buy these!!!!!

I'm considering them, and I already have Coilovers!!!!!
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #16
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Drives: 07 silver sedan
Dammit, I would, but I've got a 2nd gen sedan
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:21 PM   #17
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
This is a great deal. I wish I needed suspension. GLWS!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:59 AM   #18
juicyjosh

Quote:
Oh okay! You might have a buyer within the next week or so!
Also, do you know if they can work with a rear TRD sway bar and what is your reason for selling? Not low enough? Haha
My lease ended on the Yaris, and I no longer have the car.

Don't have the adjustment wrenches. Never needed them after the install. If need be, as with any coilovers with "geared" perches, you can perform adjustments by placing a screwdriver against either perch and lightly tapping with your palm to loosen, then turn the perch with your hand.

Yes, you can use an anti-roll bar with STREET ADVANCEs.