Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-07-2007, 03:33 AM   #1
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Venting About College Professors (Warning, Very Explicit)

okay, i just started another semester of college, and one of my classes is biology 139 (general microbiology for those of you who do not go to Sac State ). warning, if you are offended by bad language, stop reading now because i'm venting everything now.....

this is a bitch-ass professor who doesn't know how to teach for shit. bitch uses Power Point for her lecture, but talks so damn fast that no one in the class can keep up. she fucking switches frames even before she's done talking about it. some of us go up to her and ask her if she can possibly email us her Power Point. she tells us now. what the fuck!? she tells us to ask our friends because "they might have wrote down things that you didn't or record my lecture."

okay, so yesterday, i brought in a digi-cam so that i can "record" her fucking Power Point. i take one picture, and the bitch tells me, "i prefer that you don't take pictures because it gives you an unfair advantage over the other students." bitch, you just told me that i should "record" your lecture. shit, the other students can bring their/a friend's digi-cam. what about the people with laptops and voice recorders. it's the same fucking thing, bitch!

and in her syllabus, she clearly states, "Everyone learns differently: You must see to it that you get what you need!" BITCH, i just fucking told you i need your fucking Power Point presentations. are you to damn stupid/stubborn to learn how to fucking teach! your students are fucking telling you what they need. why the fuck do you even bother putting that line in your fucking syllabus if you neglect your students' needs. fucking bitch probably doesn't have any friends and just wants to fail her students.

she tells that anything and everything is fair game when it comes to the test. BITCH! what the fuck. do you really expect us to read the entire fucking text book when no other professor even bothers with the book, plus your bullshit handouts, pictures and diagrams on your stupid ass Power Point that you won't even give us, and get this, she even told us to look online because the bitch doesn't want to give us the info. WHAT THE FUCK, BITCH. how the hell do you expect us to learn, when we have other classes, work, and some of us have families to tend to. your class isn't the only one in the world, BITCH!

and to make it worst, she and the lab professor does not have matching information. and neither of them have matching information with the book! what the fuck! how the hell are we suppose to know which answer you would want, you fucking bitch! fucking douche bag even makes the final exam comprehensive. she even says in the syllabus, "Address learning/studying issues with the instructor before it gets too late to help." bitch, it's not like you want to help, you fucking fat cow!

fucking at least 4 pages (FRONT AND BACK) of lecture every fucking class meet! shit, there are professors who barely break 15 pages (just the front) for the entire exam! at this rate, we're going to have around 30 pages, front and back to study, plus the fucking text book, and your stupid ass handouts. fuck this bitch! she really makes me wish that the fucking projector screen falls on her fat ass so that she can't teach anymore (and all this is coming from a guy who doesn't really curse, honestly, have anyone of you guys seen me use a cuss word)?

oh yeah, the bitch doesn't make multiple choice tests, she makes it short answer and tell a story. what the fuck!? tell a fucking story? you gotta be shitting me! who the fucks makes someone tell a story!? these types of professors can take one up their asses and go to hell!
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:25 AM   #2
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Sounds like some of the professors I have ran into. I had a Psychology professor opening senstence to the new class in a lecture hall of about 132 people say that only about 20 was going to make it and half the people walked out. He was a hard @$$ and thought he knew eerything. I have had teachers that have flown threw lessons and wouldnt help the students and make them feel like they were retarted for not getting the information. Just get like 5 or 6 people and go up to her and complain and if she bitches then just go to the school and say something or go to the head of their department. Its hard enough to be a college student and professors being dicks to the kids doesnt help matters.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
Well....You got the talking part done. Tell her you don't like the way she is teaching the class and that you volunteer to take over the class for a day to show her how it's supposed to be done.

My bet is that you'll remain silent and will be in the back facing forward.

Nothing gets done "stewing" about it. you're the one spending the cash for her to teach you, they aren't cutting you a check to sit there.

Chuck
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
Wow. That's funny. I like how she tells you to record her and then yells at you for doing just that. :p
Old 09-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
I also went to university later than most, and I think older people have higher expectations, though some professors do just suck!

Is there another section of the class you could transfer to? If not... why not try to make friends with her. You don't ACTUALLY have to like her, just play her game so you can master the damn material. She may be doing this stuff because lazy students are always looking for a shortcut--let her know you're not. Don't feel like you are sucking up--it's good practice for dealing with assholes, and you may have to work with a lot of them after you graduate.

Your professor may not give shit about your responsibilities and that you don't have time to hang out in a study group to compare notes, but at least you will have tried every option she gave on her syllabus. If she doesn't respond the way you want, then you can go to the department head with a legitimate beef.

Having said all that...this lady reminds me of a philosophy professor I took a linguistics course from. He was a complete and total douche to everyone--told the class most would fail, gave reading assignments that had nothing to do with class discussion, unclear writing assignments then tore you a new asshole for being unclear in your paper, on and on. In the end though, he gave the easiest final exam ever, dropped your lowest grades, and I got an A for the course! It's like it was all an act to get some people to drop, and make the ones who stayed try harder. Those crafty philosophers... you never know what they'll do next...
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
2 words: hidden camera.

matter o' fact, why not catch her on your cam telling you NOT to record because it's not fair to others, and then offer to provide an MPEG for everyone in class? See what she says about that, and catch her on film saying it.

Blackmail for her superiors.

'Course, you're probably still screwed once you piss her off that much.

~YR
Old 09-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
Ha. Yeah. Good way to get yourself blackballed. :p
Old 09-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
I just loved the professors who, on the first day of class, loudly announced '2/3rds of you will fail this class'. Way to motivate and inspire a culture of learning!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
i've had a numerous amount of absolutely horrible teachers and professors. But you know what... it never really bothered me. I can complain about it but they're not going to change their ways. I just learn by going over the book and learning on my own instead of listening to their lecture. So far, it got me through college so yup. Honestly, now that I'm out in the "real world", college professors are nothing compared to bosses.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
btw, in my psychology classes, there were a ton of short answers and essay questions to answer. I got used to doing writing tests instead of multiple choce tests. It's really not that bad if you know your stuff. My last 400-level psych class involved all writing tests and some essays and those made up for your final grade. thankfully, my teacher was awesome and I actually cared to go to her classes cuz she was so awesome.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #11
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris View Post
Sounds like some of the professors I have ran into. I had a Psychology professor opening senstence to the new class in a lecture hall of about 132 people say that only about 20 was going to make it and half the people walked out. He was a hard @$$ and thought he knew eerything. I have had teachers that have flown threw lessons and wouldnt help the students and make them feel like they were retarted for not getting the information. Just get like 5 or 6 people and go up to her and complain and if she bitches then just go to the school and say something or go to the head of their department. Its hard enough to be a college student and professors being dicks to the kids doesnt help matters.
i think we may start a petition or something.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #12
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorite Man View Post
Well....You got the talking part done. Tell her you don't like the way she is teaching the class and that you volunteer to take over the class for a day to show her how it's supposed to be done.

My bet is that you'll remain silent and will be in the back facing forward.

Nothing gets done "stewing" about it. you're the one spending the cash for her to teach you, they aren't cutting you a check to sit there.
already told another professor. he'll get back to me if he can do something about it. it's those professors that i like, the ones that actually care about their students.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #13
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post
2 words: hidden camera.

matter o' fact, why not catch her on your cam telling you NOT to record because it's not fair to others, and then offer to provide an MPEG for everyone in class? See what she says about that, and catch her on film saying it.

Blackmail for her superiors.

'Course, you're probably still screwed once you piss her off that much.

~YR
hmmm, that's a very good idea, but my thing is, if you're too lazy to bring a camera, i don't wan to give you what i worked for. i dunno. but yeah, i think she is the type to fail you for no reason (good way to get her fired tho), but i need a passing grade in this class to apply for the nursing program. but yeah, i'll mention this idea to my friends.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #14
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
I just loved the professors who, on the first day of class, loudly announced '2/3rds of you will fail this class'. Way to motivate and inspire a culture of learning!!!!
those are some stupid professors....
Old 09-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #15
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
i've had a numerous amount of absolutely horrible teachers and professors. But you know what... it never really bothered me. I can complain about it but they're not going to change their ways. I just learn by going over the book and learning on my own instead of listening to their lecture. So far, it got me through college so yup. Honestly, now that I'm out in the "real world", college professors are nothing compared to bosses.
yeah, but that takes so much time from the little time i do have each day. it's their job to teach us, and they're not doing it. that's what irritates me. hahaha, yeah, bosses are worse. i've had an asshole boss already. stuck it out until i found a better job.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #16
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
btw, in my psychology classes, there were a ton of short answers and essay questions to answer. I got used to doing writing tests instead of multiple choce tests. It's really not that bad if you know your stuff. My last 400-level psych class involved all writing tests and some essays and those made up for your final grade. thankfully, my teacher was awesome and I actually cared to go to her classes cuz she was so awesome.
see, that's good. this teacher makes me not want to go to class because she is so horrible. and it's hard to know my stuff when i'm not provided the material, and what ever material i do get from her do not match the text book's.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #17
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I miss college :( and professors who cannot teach to save their lives.

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #18
Kaotic Lazagna

hahaha, that's what a lot of people tell me.