Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #11
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriaan View Post
Make sure they change the harness with the sensor, and if you can see if you can watch. It was badly corroded. when he placed the new one he put contact cleaner on it and once installed put white grease on it also i believe. Since then no problem but it winter like every two to three weeks i try to wash under the car and wheel area.
Interesting input. Thanks for your thoughts and advice here man.

I'll keep this in mind, but i dont think ill be able to make enough fuss myself to get them to let me watch, unfortunately. wish i could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
This is kinda concerning to read. Three people have had this same problem? Is there anything that can be done to prevent this problem from happening? Would that rust-proof undercoating help?
VERY concerning to read. Reminds of old VW bullshit w/ their electrical systems that frustrated the fuck out of their owners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onizuka View Post
actually, this happens to me for the second time now
seems to come back when winter starts to pound snow and when temperature is dropping
definitely a defect from Toyota. Only had my car for 3 years with 71k
Twice over here now. First Feb 08. Now again in Dec 08. Just for reference points, I dive an 2007 Yaris Hatchback. Bought it back in May 06.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse1000 View Post
it sucks, but as long as I know that the ABS doesn't work when the light is on, I'm okay, becasue I don't expect it to kick in....my car is long past warranty, so there's no way I'm paying money to fix it....I like driving without ABS in the winter anyway
Once my car goes out of warranty this coming May 09, if this ABS issue crap happens again next winter, ill just leave it too. Im not shelling out $400-500 to get the f'n ABS working again on my vehicle, not while im still making monthly payments anyways. I dont feel the need to have working ABS that badly. Once my car is paid off and im not shelling out money each month for it, ya, ill prolly pay then to fix it.

Quote:
this should be something of safety concern and perhaps a recall should be made
when most of us upgrade to ABS package, we expect it to last and come to use
jesse, I can see that your car is 2007, how can you past your warranty this quick?
Agreed. Lets get a bloody recall on this issue so they can fix it (free of charge) and get it permanently dealt with properly.

Quote:
just took my car to my dealer, last winter (jan 2008), I had my left rear sensor replaced. Now this winter, my right side are done. As usual, parts are backorders, have to wait for 1-2 weeks just like last time. Luckily my ECP extended warranty is paying for it.

To whomever doing their sensor, push them to do it both side. IF it's the same hardness and they are installed at the same time, it's the matter of time that both get corroded around the same time.
I didnt ask and they didnt tell me specifically which sensor went.

And all i know from last time, per my notes which i reviewed, was that "Need an ABS speed sensor for back breaks."

So it had to do w/ my back sensors, but dont know if it was both L and R or just one or the other.

Huh.

Anyways, GREAT THREAD, so glad to have found it!

Jem