Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #37
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
when i changed plugs, i bought NKG iridium Honda S2k plugs, 2 steps colder. i think they were like $8 a piece
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #38
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1nzfe View Post
we were offered to test out the product by a supplier.
we have used GTEC to measure the timings.
did 3 runs on each settings.
it is suppose to rich en or lean out the AF. by rich'en the AF, we get SLIGHTLY better timings.
Well.... with the exception of force induction... almost every performance mod on the 1.5L engine will make very little improvements. The important thing is if the gadget actually works and actually gives some improvement and per your statement it looks like there were some gains...

Usually it will require quite a few extra hp's to lower 1/4mile times by half a second...

Also, did the test car had any other modifications? Or was it a stock car?

Messing around with the fuel ratio usually will have better results on cars with Free flowing intakes and exhausts.

So if this thingy can give an extra 10-12 hp to a modded car... perhaps it would worth looking at it.

After all... people have paid $400 for an axle back...

Another thing that comes to my mind is that this is actually a "TOM's" gadget... and if they don't know their stuff when it comes to Toyotas... who does?
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #39
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
with the self learning ecu i would think it would just readjust at the ECU and void out

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:35 PM   #40
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
with the self learning ecu i would think it would just readjust at the ECU and void out

That was my first thought as well.... how ever this gadget is intended for late year Toyotas and Lexus. How would TOM's sold a gadget that would stop working after you drove 50 miles... They should know better than that.

But who knows...

OK we should make a collect to get AlainMikli to the dyno... I'll pay 5 bucks...
Old 09-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #41
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Alain has mad dough. I don't know why he doesn't want to dyno it. I would think he's curious!
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #42
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
That was my first thought as well.... how ever this gadget is intended for late year Toyotas and Lexus. How would TOM's sold a gadget that would stop working after you drove 50 miles... They should know better than that.

But who knows...

OK we should make a collect to get AlainMikli to the dyno... I'll pay 5 bucks...
yea but do all new toyotas have learning ECUs? maybe they are different in japan then the us?

maybe they target more sporty cars rather then the economy yaris

but with no dyno to back it up, they we will never know

I would like to see a dyno with the chip pluged in right away, then maybe after 1000 miles with it being untouched to see if the ECU voided it out

Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #43
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Quote:
yea but do all new toyotas have learning ECUs? maybe they are different in japan then the us?

maybe they target more sporty cars rather then the economy yaris

but with no dyno to back it up, they we will never know

I would like to see a dyno with the chip pluged in right away, then maybe after 1000 miles with it being untouched to see if the ECU voided it out

Yaris is at the bottom of the Toyota line up.... I don't think our ECU are any more intelligent than a Lexus ECU.

All modern cars have learning ECU's. They've had them for the last 20 years! Yeah the late model Yaris has a picky ECU but all late year Toyotas are the same! Is no rocket science. The ECU uses several inputs to adjust itself. Those inputs are well know. All the pre set values have defined ranges. When people say their ECU learns and goes over their Piggy back is because they are throwing fake values that are beyond the pre set ranges.

Good tuners know this.... TOM's knows this.

This controller most work in some way... the question is how much gains can be obtained on a Modded (I/H/E) Yaris and if those gains are worth the price tag on this thingy.

And yeah, it would be great to see some independent dyno figures!!

This is pretty new. I'm sure we will see some more info from the guys in ASIA in the upcoming months.

Meanwhile we can give time to Garm to start sourcing the gadgets...

PD: Toyota doesn't have any "sporty" cars now a days.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #44
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
PD: Toyota doesn't have any "sporty" cars now a days.
2011/2012 IS WHERE THINGS WILL CHANGE.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #45
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
lmao
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #46
AlainMikli

Drives: ings 09 Yaris 3 Door LiftBack
Quote:

But who knows...

thanks, now still missing $75 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Alain has mad dough. I don't know why he doesn't want to dyno it. I would think he's curious!
I've spent every penny in Japan already

plus I need to spend a day for the dyno...
REAL JDM ings+1 Full Body Kit…REAL JDM C-One Spoiler…Retrofit Projector Headlight…Kiddo 6-pots BBK…CE 28N J-Time Attack…Bride Ergo II Racing Seat…Personal Steering Wheel…Work Bell Quick Release…Dealer Option Sun Roof…JDM RS LED Side Mirror…JDM RS Taillight…C-One Oil Cap…C-One Radiator Cap…TRD Iridium Racing Spark Plug…Tom's Fuel Map Controller…Blitz throttle controller…GReddy Informeter Touch…MR Suspension…TRD Rear Sway Bar…MR C-Pillar Bar…GTspec Front Strut Bar & Rear Strut Bar…AFE Intake…WR Header…Nitto Mid-Pipe…Greddy Ti-C axleback…Goodridge SS Brake Line…
To do: Supercharger…
AlainMikli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #47
2bad4u

Drives: 06 Toyota Vitz RS
Jamaican $

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainMikli View Post
thanks, now still missing $75 bucks

I've spent every penny in Japan already

plus I need to spend a day for the dyno...
US$80 for a dyno test, we pay in Jamaica JA$1200 or US$12 for two runs or JA$4000 or US$40 for all day.
2bad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #48
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ that's amazing. I'm moving.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #49
jouna

Drives: jdm yaris sedan
where can i order this??? ill do the dyno i get it 4 free i study @ mech tech college and we have a dynojet
Old 09-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #50
AlainMikli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouna View Post
where can i order this??? ill do the dyno i get it 4 free i study @ mech tech college and we have a dynojet
I bought it from Tom's Store in Japan, 18900yen.

If you want I might be able to ask my friend who still in Japan ship it to you, after all shipping & tax, might be around $320 + US shipping...
REAL JDM ings+1 Full Body Kit…REAL JDM C-One Spoiler…Retrofit Projector Headlight…Kiddo 6-pots BBK…CE 28N J-Time Attack…Bride Ergo II Racing Seat…Personal Steering Wheel…Work Bell Quick Release…Dealer Option Sun Roof…JDM RS LED Side Mirror…JDM RS Taillight…C-One Oil Cap…C-One Radiator Cap…TRD Iridium Racing Spark Plug…Tom's Fuel Map Controller…Blitz throttle controller…GReddy Informeter Touch…MR Suspension…TRD Rear Sway Bar…MR C-Pillar Bar…GTspec Front Strut Bar & Rear Strut Bar…AFE Intake…WR Header…Nitto Mid-Pipe…Greddy Ti-C axleback…Goodridge SS Brake Line…
Old 09-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #51
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

i have a dealer in toronto who can order it in

i use to use them when i lived in NY

Old 09-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #52
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
doesnt this work the same as the blitz controller?? seems like it its just tapped on the air intake rather than gas pedal..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #53
AlainMikli

Quote:
i have a dealer in toronto who can order it in

i use to use them when i lived in NY
nice, how much do they charge then?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #54
AlainMikli

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
doesnt this work the same as the blitz controller?? seems like it its just tapped on the air intake rather than gas pedal..
blitz tap to the throttle control sensor and which control the throttle sensitivity, and this one tap to the air flow sensor.