Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
leasaunce

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Toyota GPS System

hi all,

just want to know, if anyone in aust got the optional Toyota GPS LCD? if so how much extra did you pay for it?? I'm thinking of getting them (when i get the Yaris), but what do you guys think?
leasaunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
Capagotks
Chode

Drives: Silver 5 Door YRX 1.5L I4
Send a message via MSN to Capagotks
i have the 6-stacker cd player. If i remember correctly it would have been about $300 more, possibly less. but after you buy the car it will cost more so im saying about 600 maybe.
Capagotks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
Masteraal

Drives: Black Yaris YRS 3dr Manual
i got the YRS so it only comes wit the mp3 cd and no bluetooth. the bluetooth upgrade was a whopping 800$ extra and i saw the GPS was in the region of 4000$ so get the stock thing and buy an aftermarket system like the pioneer one
Masteraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
leasaunce

hmmm damn! $4000! yeah i've been thinking about the pioneer AVIC-D3, but i can't find them on Pioneer Australia. (they've only have the AVIC-HD3)
Old 08-25-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
Masteraal

well im 99% sure it was in the region of 4400$ for the toyota version. cos i got laughed at when i "fudged" a "quote" i got from another "dealer" (ie i made up a quote) and i was very surprised when the dealer said the bluetooth upgrade for the yrs was 850$

if youre game enough you can try ebay but only from a seller which is good. for a purchase this big id look for feedback over 3-500 :)
Old 08-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #6
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Drives: .
$3400. I have one in my car. There is the Eclipse AVN6000 (I think around a more reasonable ~$2500) that has the Toyota plugs in the back for you to just connect up (at least) the audio parts without cutting and splicing. All you need to do is tap into the speed signal, reverse signal and put the GPS antenna somewhere under the dash.
SmellyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:36 PM   #7
Masteraal

how do u find the GPS? how does it compare to say a Tomtom? and does it come with a reversing camera? and why did u buy it?

i went and bought myself a HQ Ipaq Rx5965 $650 with a built in gps and i also use it as an mp3 player so when i get the car ill use the aux on the HU :)
Old 08-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #8
firez3r0
Ready to Mod !

Drives: YRS Sedan
Send a message via MSN to firez3r0
wow..all the names look so new to me !!
i got quoted 2400 at autobarn here with the kenwood HU and the GPS together and they guy told me Kenwood is currently leading the industry in GPS system..not really sure if wad he said was true...haha...should have a look !!
firez3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:48 PM   #9
Masteraal

the question you need to ask is... do you really need an intergrated system. If you have more than 1 car its a very valid question as you can use a portable one in both :)
Old 08-26-2007, 04:30 AM   #10
Capagotks
Chode

Drives: Silver 5 Door YRX 1.5L I4
Send a message via MSN to Capagotks
looks like my guess was off just a tad.... I missed out on the mp3 input and bluetooth, i have the older radio.
Capagotks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:59 AM   #11
firez3r0
Ready to Mod !

has anyone got an integrated system ? with a decent 7inch hu ?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:01 AM   #12
Masteraal

oh sorry i meant integrated GPS

btw is the HU any good for the yaris. never had the chance to hear it lol
5 more days for the car hopefully...cant wait!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:04 AM   #13
leasaunce

the pioneer AVIC-HD3 looks very nice... but the price is just way too expensive! the people in the US, they have the AVIC-D3 and Rrp$1,000usd. << That's a newer model. Would love to get it but i know it wont work here.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #14
firez3r0
Ready to Mod !

haha mate i got the same feeling as u half a yr back !!

are you referring to the stock HU ? it jus alright .. not really liking it but have no money/skills to replace it... so im gonna do w/o good qualities for now.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #15
SmellyTofu
好多人&amp;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteraal View Post
how do u find the GPS? how does it compare to say a Tomtom? and does it come with a reversing camera? and why did u buy it?

i went and bought myself a HQ Ipaq Rx5965 $650 with a built in gps and i also use it as an mp3 player so when i get the car ill use the aux on the HU :)
It's the best thing since sliced bread.. well, sort of. It's great for the times you run into traffic and you want to know the back streets in an unfamiliar area. The screen is nice and large too compared to the TomTom's. The unit being 200mm wide, it's larger than your regular standard double DIN size.

I've used the AVN6000 and although it's pretty much the same back end, the buttons on those isn't as easy to use as the standard Toyota navi. The new Toyota Navi also has aux input as well as BT for your phone.

Btw, Kenwood also uses the Denso navigation back end .. the same as Toyota and Eclipse... so leaders? I don't think so. Equalling leaders? possibly.

Apart from the smaller screen, what I worry about the suction mount is if you're in an accident, the portable navi will become a projectile as it's not fixed item.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #16
firez3r0
Ready to Mod !

i do reckon with smellytofu but i think 4k+ is jus too much for wad you get.wouldn't an after market navi with the 2din HU be more worth it ?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:21 AM   #17
SmellyTofu
好多人&amp;

Quote:
Originally Posted by firez3r0 View Post
i do reckon with smellytofu but i think 4k+ is jus too much for wad you get.wouldn't an after market navi with the 2din HU be more worth it ?
There's one coming out that'd be priced about the same as a top level windscreen mounted version which is better at the end of the year.. so if you can hold off, that's the one that I'd get.

Aftermarket? like what? Clarion? Eclipse? Kenwood?

At the end of the day, it's what you feel is important to you. When I go back to my Navman, I have troubles reading the screen properly and I have very sharp eyesight.. and that's with it mounted on the centre dials (I have it mounted so it covers the clock yet allows me to see the speedo etc, plus at night it doesn't reflect off the windscreen).
Old 08-28-2007, 09:54 AM   #18
firez3r0
Ready to Mod !

ya i guess so too,what you feel is the most important things after all.but i guess i would get a HU from overseas.the ones we bought here dont support other language display other than english isn't it.i have some korean/jap/chinese music to be played but the stock HU wont show the charactrs ~~