Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Jdm toyota vitz waterproof rear carpet/matt

Hey again , got this in the mail the other day from Thailand . Its an oem toyota vitz waterproof rear hatch matt . These go for like 140+ shipping from Japanparts.com , but I got this brand new for 25 total , shipped from ebay . It was folded up in a small box so its still a little wrinkled but very good buy Imo, Enjoy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSC_0121.JPG (211.6 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg SSC_0122.JPG (210.0 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg SSC_0120.JPG (212.7 KB, 145 views)
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
How's the grip? Would it be good to set books or a backpack on without having them slide around?

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by m911gt View Post
How's the grip? Would it be good to set books or a backpack on without having them slide around?
About the same as the carpet matt . I had a box back there today and I heard it slide side to side a couple of times . If you live in a snowy climate, it'd be a good matt to put wet crap on . I'm gonna use it to throw my wet wetsuit/towle on but I need a thule roof rack for my board first, lol.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
I have a Genuine Toyota Cargo Liner. Its rubberized, and has an edging. So if you spill, nothing leaks down onto the carpet or into trunk area. Works perfectly and stops items sliding around too. I carry computers and boxes a lot, and need this functionality. No slippage at all. The best part is, you can take it out and hose it off when you want to clean it.

Stock photo:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06yaris3dr_cargoliner.jpg (33.2 KB, 136 views)
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorite_Marty View Post
I have a Genuine Toyota Cargo Liner. Its rubberized, and has an edging. So if you spill, nothing leaks down onto the carpet or into trunk area. Works perfectly and stops items sliding around. I carry computers and boxes a lot, and need this functionality. No slippage at all. The best part is, you can take it out and hose it off when you want to clean it.
^^^ there you go everybody ! Thats is a great oem piece right there if your hatch area is still stock. I have the cross brace in the back which changes the shape of the hatch area so I needed the "soft" matt so it could tuck around the bars . For everyday wear and tear the one posted above onwz.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
You can easily trim the rubber edges to create notches to fit around the piping cross beams of your car. Its fairly thin, and you wouldn't have to cut much off.

Just guestimating; as I can't exactly see from your pics just how much space there is to play with, or even if your trunk is anywhere close to stock shape/size anymore.
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Link to seller you bought it from?
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote