Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Have you noticed that parts are hard to find for the Yaris?

My daughter recently purchased an '09 liftback and I was going to change the fluids and filters for her. First, I wanted to purchase a Haynes manual, but they don't make one for the Yaris. Then I had a hard time finding a tranny filter for it, had to have Advance Auto Parts order one in for me. Then we took the car to our mechanic to replace the rear portion on the exhaust system (which included the muffler). He said none of his parts suppliers had the part and he had to have one sent from Indy.

I realize the Yaris is still a relatively new model, but a lot of it's parts are interchangeable with those of the Echo, as many of the parts are the same for both vehicles. Have you experienced problems finding parts for your Yaris? If so, I wonder why parts are so hard to find for these things? You'd think every parts place would stock parts for it...
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Maybe do to the location ur in car not as popular ...I have no problem getting parts if not in stock next day...as for mufflers they last long time and overpriced from Toyota best go aftermarket , ur best bet go to dealer and ask if they can locate part u need and from who.

sent from my S4 on Mars
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I find that my local Napa and Autozone stock most things that I have needed for the Yaris. Rockauto,com is a great mailorder source for aftermarket parts.