Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Toyota Yaris S Mod

Ok There is alot of peoples talking about mod exhaust, header, intake......

My Question is what is it really that you need to mod for Toyota Yaris that will make go faster than 106Hp stock? and that is safe for your car?

I know there is some limited stock products for Yaris now, but please put up the best.

Thank you everyone
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
platypus

Drives: Yaris Sedan
as far as going faster, are you looking for 1320 speed, or cornering ability?

In either event, weight reduction always helps and doesn't hurt your motor or tranny. Lightweight racing seats, lighter wheels and tires, and CF hoods are available.

For handling, there's plenty you can do that'll both improve the handling and lower the weight at no risk for the car's longevity (unless you bag it on a corner).

I suspect, however, you're looking for more HP numbers...
platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Adding a new header, and new exhaust, cold air intake; will all increase your HP and as long as installed properly will not harm your car

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
i did all those. u feel quite a gain. car sounds like need for speed and u get better fuel economy!
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:27 AM   #5
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
check the classifieds and find the group buy thread for the NST pulley :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #6
jamal1984

Thank you for replying yall.

I mean a little bit faster than 106hp you know. I mean quiet a bit that you can feel it moving.

On The Air Intake should i go with TRD or any intake out there? and when you talk about exhaust, you mean that you need to change the whole system or just the muffer by itself?

And Header? anyone know where i can go and get it install for the right price and good job?

Thank you once again..
Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post
Thank you for replying yall.

I mean a little bit faster than 106hp you know. I mean quiet a bit that you can feel it moving.

On The Air Intake should i go with TRD or any intake out there? and when you talk about exhaust, you mean that you need to change the whole system or just the muffer by itself?

And Header? anyone know where i can go and get it install for the right price and good job?

Thank you once again..
AEM (TRD) is the most common intake for the Yaris, like the guy on DIY says " with the right tools and a little bit of knowledge" both installs, intake and exhaust should not take more than 1 hour
YamilR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #8
OgDogg
Gas Guzzler

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamilR View Post
AEM (TRD) is the most common intake for the Yaris, like the guy on DIY says " with the right tools and a little bit of knowledge" both installs, intake and exhaust should not take more than 1 hour
I just installed my intake last night and it took probably an hour and a half. Mostly because I was having issues getting the filter in around the splash guard. Having ground FX and not jacking up my car made it pretty difficult. Right off the bat I noticed a deeper "hungrier" sound when reving the car. I haven't driven it much since then, but for your first mod I think AEM intake is probably the best way to start. You'll actually notice a difference, it's cheap, & not so difficult to install even if you have no idea what you're doing. You can get one off ebay for around $200.
OgDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #9
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Just alittle info,Chino Charles is getting ready to find either a full exaust (header back),or a high flow cat,since someone already sells a cat back,or you could get a custom cat back from any muffler shop,and you could get several headers now.Ive got the TRD intake,custom 2.5 exaust with Nopi style muffler,and Megan Racing headers,I love the combo.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #10
jamal1984

hi ECO
i'm live at Lawrenceville GA, can you tell me where did you go and get all that thing installed to your Yaris?
Old 01-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #11
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
The factory cat is very restrictive to the car's performance.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote