Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-13-2007, 12:17 AM   #1
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
Elusive Greddy Ti-C?

I was wondering if anyone else tried locating the Greddy Ti-C exhaust for the Yaris liftback with any positive results, because It seems like no one really knows whats going on? I first saw it on ebay from the canadian seller about a month ago and I emailed him to ask if it exits the rear of the car straight or on an angle like its shown in some of the factory pics - but he didnt know and said to contact Greddy. I tried unsuccessfully for about a week until I finally got a response from Greddy that the exhaust for the Yaris was not yet produced and they didnt know what it looked like yet, they told me to keep checking their website for a release and pictures.

So now I'm wondering how everyone is selling them if they arent produced yet!?! so I start emailing companies, most dont email me back - the guy on ebay said that its a pre-order, and that Greddy should have them in stock???
ProStreetonline said that it was limited production and special order only - it would take 3-4 weeks to ship after i paid, but there was no guarantee's on a delivery date and i couldnt cancel the order..
Dezod Motorsports then tells me that they dont have it in stock but can put it in with their Greddy order and have it by next Tues or Wed.!?!

My question is...who is telling the truth? who didnt get the memo? is the exhaust made and in stock at Greddy and its limited production, is it not made yet and Greddy keeps telling its dealers that it will have it? Will I order it tomorrow and still not have an exhaust in 2 months? If someone knows something that I dont..Let me know, Cause I want the Greddy, but I'm thinking about just getting the Blitz now.
RShatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:41 AM   #2
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
couldn't tell you for sure who didn't get the memo. I would try calling hopup racing they are usually pretty helpful for me, it is listed on their website as ships in 5-7 days i believe. www.hopupracing.com
Other bet is if you tried greddy in cali you live in NY maybe try greddy east right near englishtown in jersey. Its worth a shot. sorry i have a sedan so it really never mattered to me but hopup usually has some pretty solid info. good luck, and if you pay with a credit card and it doesnt come in by the end of the month just tell your cc to put a hold on it until it comes in, that way if ir never does and the company tries to run you for a loop you get your cc company to fight it out. best of luck
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:22 AM   #3
RShatchback

Yeah, A helpful member here on the forum had a freind in jersey check with greddy in Jersey and they said what 2 other greddy dealers had gotten back to me with....that the Ti-c was expected in california sometime next week. My brother said the same thing about the credit card - to just order it and then dispute the charge if it doesnt work out....So I am placing the order today and I'll wait a few weeks to see what Happens. I guess I'll update this thread with pics if It does get here. Thanks again for those you sent me messages with info.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #4
Dezod
The Scion Guru

Drives: Scions
Quote:
Originally Posted by RShatchback View Post
with greddy in Jersey and they said what 2 other greddy dealers had gotten back to me with....that the Ti-c was expected in california sometime next week.
Correct. This is the same response I had gotten from GReddy as well. :)
W: www.dezod.com

Your leading source for all of your performance needs! From turbos and components, to brakes and suspension, Dezod has you covered.
Dezod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #5
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
SO how is it?

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:30 PM   #6
RShatchback

I ordered it, I am still waiting for it to arrive.....I knew it was going to take forever - its been about 2 weeks now...
Old 05-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #7
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
apparantly ZPI has them in stock?
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #8
RShatchback

Do they have them in stock - like they can actually send you a pic of it? Cause everyone has had it listed as "in stock" but it didnt even arrive in the u.s. until just over a week ago. Everyone offering it for sale didnt have one on hand, but had to order one from greddy. From past experience with ordering from greddy I know they take forever to ship. So hopefully its here within the next week.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:53 AM   #9
Blenjar

im drive to jersey and pick them up if they have it there..screw mailing..

-- Blen
Old 05-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #10
RShatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenjar View Post
im drive to jersey and pick them up if they have it there..screw mailing..

-- Blen
Thats probably a good idea, check it out - I know that according to greddy they arrived in California - So if they dont ship directly from there, then maybe they ship them to jersey first and thats why it takes so long. I'm hoping to get it sometime this week. good luck
Old 05-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
Blenjar

Where in jersey, any site?

-- Blen
Old 05-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #12
RShatchback

They have a warehouse there - I dont know exactly where, i think it handles their east coast business - you'd have to check it out. But I dont think you can just walk in there without being a dealer.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #13
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
I tried contacting them weeks ago about that exhaust system...but for the sedan, there is no hope for the sedans on this subject
Old 05-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #14
RShatchback

I think the best hope for the sedan is trading it in for the hatchback.....if you want the aftermarket support....
Old 05-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #15
Blenjar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShatchback View Post
They have a warehouse there - I dont know exactly where, i think it handles their east coast business - you'd have to check it out. But I dont think you can just walk in there without being a dealer.
Can't walk in to buy it?

-- Blen
Old 05-07-2007, 12:06 AM   #16
RShatchback

You'd have to find out...
Old 05-11-2007, 08:04 AM   #17
WeSellCarParts

Drives: All Brands
Send a message via AIM to WeSellCarParts
No you can't.. the Englishtown facility is a storage depot and thats it..
WeSellCarParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #18
RShatchback

Thought so...I called the company I purchased the exhaust from on Wednesday - and they said it would probably be another week - they placed the order with Greddy and were waiting on them...