Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
why did you buy a yaris?

i remember seeing yaris previews in the movie theatres way back early in 2006. the commercials had a cool vibe to them. kind of weird but cool at the same time. i remember the piggy bank one the best. i think that is probably one of the reasons why i bought a yaris.

what about the rest of you?
tekmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Cheap..great on gas and new on the streets...
I like to roll with the newest ship THAT I can afford..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
gabagooo

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
After test driving the Versa, Accent, xA and the Mazda3 it came down to style, price and fit. I really liked the way I fit in the Yaris and I thought that the style was really great. It was between the xA and the Yaris - the Yaris was just right for me.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
My mum wouldnt let me buy any other brand
Old 01-09-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
needed a new work beater car.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
I liked the look, mileage, electric power steerin, ride height, seats, interior design... etc etc :)

The overall "feel" of the car was there, came together, I liked it, its cheap, I bought it!
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I grew up lamenting over the mid 90's Civic hatches. I wanted to grab one while I was young so I could play with it. I was always fascinated with the fact that people bought these cars for 5 grand used and another 5 grand later they had something that was decently quick and amazingly unique. No two tuner cars have to be the same... if they are, its your own damn fault.

I was in the market in June as I had a feeling my STS was on its way out. I went to the dealership looking for a second-gen Celica, and they told me about a little car called the Yaris. It reminded me of the Civic hatches, and I liked the fact that it was rivaling the Fit, which was to be the only tuner-ready ride coming from the segment. I love rooting for the underdog.

I told them I wanted a black manual with every goodie in the world. They told me I could get the first liftback in Ohio if I would settle for a bone-stock silver liftback. I told them as long as it had the TRD suspension off the lot I was in.

Low and behold she sits in my driveway today, and I'm always doing something to her. I'm proud to say I own it.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #8
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
I was getting increasingly tired of my old A/T Chevy Prizm, and when I mentioned a friend I wated to change cars, he mentioned a new car Toyota was going to be releasing. So after some research, I loved the looks, size, and engine of the LB; and after a trip to the delearship (only to drive a Sedan :( ), I placed my order for a PQ Blazing Blue MT LB. Almost 4 months later I found myself driving a Meteorite MT with the PQ... And Loving it!!
Same as Charles, I am proud of owning a Yaris. After 6 months of ownership I still get a buzz every time I drive it!
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #9
Yaris TTE JWRC

Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Nice looking, good body style, good on Gas, lots of aftermarket parts for it, top seller in its class for years in Europe and Aisa, Euro looking, small, easy and fun to drive, lots of cargo space in the hatch back model and still carries five passangers, also provide choices of sports colors, some cars doesnt, like the Xa and Tc, they dont come with RED. JUST LOVING IT oh yea and i love TOYOTA that never breaks down on u
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #10
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
i can afford it, gas mileage, reliability.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
sewid
Aussie Yaris Nut

Drives: AUSDM Yaris YRS
Wanted something brand new, cheap, mileage and toyota name you can rely on
sewid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Originally wanted a second hand sports car like an Impreza, but for my budget that would mean a 10 year old car.

So I looked at cheap, cool, small new cars with lots of modding potential. There's the Fit, but you see thousands of them on the road and the styling is getting old. There's the Aveo, but let's face it, it's crap. There's the Versa, but too big for my taste. That pretty much left the Yaris, to be honest I did not quite like it at first, but it really grew on me

I'm more than happy with this decision, the Yaris is pretty much everything I need it to be. I never really considered mileage in the first place, so that's a bonus!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #13
Slummy

Drives: Black LB
I was @ the SEMA International Auto Salon outside Philly last spring, Toyota had one. It looked so good then I found out the price and I knew I needed one!
Slummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:33 PM   #14
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
Like Tekmoe, I saw the commercials and was fascinated by this little car. Started haunting the Toyota website until I knew everything there was to know about the Yaris, picked my options then started talking about it to everybody, all the time. Hubby finally said "if you want it that bad, just go get it". Love my meteorite metallic liftback. Most fun I've had on wheels in years!
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:54 AM   #15
Impresive-G

Drives: 2007 Vitz Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Impresive-G
Well for one. I didnt want a yaris. I wanted a WRX. But credit is eveyrthing especialy with a low down payment. I needed a car asap. Somewhere neer the $10k range or below. I was looking into the Honda Fit or the Toyota Yaris. The Fit has a kick ass interior. But the guy wanted to sale it to me for $16K. I told him to shuve that price up his ass and ill go to toyota across the St. Which I did. But mostly because my 240 was giving me shit with tires and alignment with a every sunday touge run. So I needed something to calm my butt down.

,___,
[O.o] O'RLY?
/)__)
-"--"-
Current: 2007 Toyota Yaris
History: 1988 Toyota Tercel (sold), 1993 Nissan 240SX (sold)
Impresive-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:38 AM   #16
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
I had heard that Toyota was making a small car similar to the old Ford Fiesta. I had a Fiesta and that little sucker was awesome. I went to a dealership and test drove a Yaris which was amazing because they were so rare and this dealership had 2 of them. One new and one used. They were selling the used one for more than the new. The salesman was a prick but I got to testdrive the Yaris and it was love at first drive! I loved the interior and exterior, all the cubbies, the folding 60/40 seats. When I got home I started internet research and found out just how slick the Yaris was. Then it became my obsession to get one. I had to wait months for it but it was all worth it! I Love my Yaris somethin' fierce!

I think my friend wants a white Yaris LB now.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:34 AM   #17
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
For us it was a last minute thing...
We had been looking at a couple new smaller trucks, new mustang or used 350Z as well as several other cars worth a lot more then the Yaris.
My last car before my Yaris was a MINT, 99 Chevy Xtreme S-10 4.3L that I paid close to $30,000. But with all the city driving and long distance traveling we do we wanted something smaller and better on fuel (xtreme =16=18mpg in town) Our truck was costing us $60-$75 a week in fuel. So we were looking at a newer or new car in the $30-$35,000 price range and something that gets 25mpg or better if possible.
After about 6 months of test driving everything out there we saw our first Yaris sitting at a stop light. My wife commented on how cute it looked and that we should test drive one. My first impression was no way... I doubt it can even get out of its own way. "won't pull the skin off gravy"
But a week or so later she talked me into it.
I gotta admit, before the Yaris i would never have though about an econo box, but this thing was fun to drive and had great mileage and loads of space (5 door RS)

That's when we got to thinking.... Why work our butts off and live paycheck to paycheck just to drive a flashy car and pay crazy insurance rates when we could drive an car like the Yaris and have a bit of playin' around $$$.
We crunched some numbers and quickly realized for what we would have spent on a car like the mustang or used 350Z we could buy 2 econoboxes and still have $$$ left over.

So we started test driving every econobox and small cor out there and then quickly came back to the best out of all of them....and bought the Yaris
It was the best decision we ever made.
With the $$$ we saved over the summer/fall I bought a new 9.9 outboard engine for my boat.
New recliner couch/sofa
I bought the wife a motorcycle (Kawasaki ZZR)
All new Icon leathers, helmet, boots (the works)
And I'm buyin another motorcycle in the next couple months (Suzuki GSX750F) as well as new gear. And best of all....I don't need to trade in my VT600

Instead of $60-$70 a week in fuel for the truck.. I spend $60 a month...and the insurance on the Yaris is $900 cheaper then the truck.
I miss my truck sometimes, afterall it was my dream truck, But with the $$$ I save every month if I really wanted to I could buy another one in a couple years.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #18
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
I miss my Tacoma too... kinda. Mine got about 17MPG. I was filling it up once a week at 15 gallons. Now I get 33-34MPG and I guess I'm saving about $100.00 per month.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote