Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
LBjoe

Drives: Red LB
lookin at S techs

Im running DF210's right now.. i've looked at some pictures its seems that the S Tech's def sit lower ALSO it looks even front to rear giving the yaris the stance i want.. The front of my car is about a quarter inch higher in the front (I'm picky and can tell the difference)... All in all i just want to know what some people think, I want it a bit lower and i know the stechs are a 1.9 front and rear vs 1.6f/1.8 rear.. Ill also be throwing on some Sportivo's when i do the work.. I hear the Stech/trd strut is a good set up. Let me know what u think.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
The Stechs are awesome, and with the set up you want is a good choice too, but what size rims are you using?
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
You are right; a little lower and a great stance.

IMO the Tokico blues are a better shock/strut and will save you some money too.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Tei...KC10-AUB00.htm
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #4
LBjoe

I appreciate the response's just looking for a little reinforcement with my decision.. The front end sits higher than the rear and it drives me crazy with the 210's.. plus i want to eliminate more tire gap. ill have to research the blue's its been my previous knowledge that they are a suitable OEM replacement with lil to no performance gain. Rockin 16x7's ill rub a bit as i do now but i dont mind lol.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:17 AM   #5
big lo

Your welcome bro, and yeah they will rub a little bit, post pics when your done before and after good luck
Old 02-21-2011, 03:19 AM   #6
big lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
You are right; a little lower and a great stance.

IMO the Tokico blues are a better shock/strut and will save you some money too.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Tei...KC10-AUB00.htm
You dam right about them Tokico Blues awesome stuff lol
Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
SeriousBlack

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS HB
LBJoe - I absolutely agree with your take on the DF210s. The lower rear end just ruins the stance of the vehicle and is, IMO, very noticeable - especially on your own car!

The only comment I would have about dropping it further is this really affects your wheel choices and makes it harder to widen your stance with lower offset rims or wheel/hub spacers. I find the low rear with my 210s accentuates how inset the tire are from the body of the car. I love the look of a slammed car but if you're doing the daily schlep like me on city roads, it can eat away at you.

I definitely agree with Tokico HP Blues over the TRDs - much better value and a great with lowered set ups! I visited your garage - I have the AFE CAI as well and am very happy with it.
SeriousBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #8
Wowzers78

Drives: 2007 Silver 3dr hatch
I have the Blue Tokico's as well and highly recommed them. I also replaced the springs with eibach and put 18" wheels with low profile tires.

I've noticed an increase in performance and a huge increase in handling. No rubbing at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yaris_2.jpg (27.6 KB, 113 views)
Old 02-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
LBjoe

Im set on the Stech/Tokico set up. Thanks for the advice people! Will post pics when i get it all on..
Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #10
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Love my tein/tokico combo.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #11
big lo

I had the Tein/Tokico blues set up as well, very nice in all aspects, I just changed my Teins for TRD sportivo springs and I don't regret it either, good luck and can't wait to see them pics
Old 02-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
marlondog
Shut your fricken suck!!!

Drives: 07' liftback
Get coil-overs. That way, you can adjust the height when you want to. Tein coil-overs would be a good choice. I had the s-tech/blue combo before, but couldn't stand my ride being so low all the time.
marlondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #13
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Each time you adjust the height on coilovers, do you have to get a fresh alignment as well?
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
LBjoe

I would get coilovers but i dont feel like dropping that kind of money into the stance i can get from some springs.. yes there are budget coilovers out there but in my opinion when it comes to them u pay for what you get and they would still be about double the price of the spring/strut combo.. The car sits just a little too high in the front and the stechs will bring it right where i want it. And im throwing struts on the car because its got 30k on it worth of being ran with 210's and i figure i may as well throw a fresh set on it while the car's in the air and springs are coming off.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #15
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
Love my tein/tokico combo.
x2

Ran Megan Racing coilovers, and they were very stiff, but great on the track. The paint started flaking off the coils, and the coils began to rust. No more Megan product for me.

This is the second set of Tokico HP/Tein S-techs I've had.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote