Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
zkay

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan 4-DR
Bulk Oil + Filters?

Hello

I am a new Yaris owner as of last Friday! Prior to the Yaris, I owned a 1995 Camry v6 and loved it. I will be a Toyota owner for a long time to come.

Anyway, the day after I got the car I was researching which oil and filters I should be using for it. I have always used Valvoline oil in my cars, but for the Camry I did some reading on bobistheoilguy.com and decided to go with Bosch filters for it.

Now that I've read some more, I am going to start using Purolator PureOne filters and Valvoline SynPower.

http://bit.ly/JUXpfa (oil)
http://bit.ly/HYxXYo (filter)

I just found them on advance auto for convenience's sake, but my real question is: does anyone know where you can buy these two items in bulk? I've tried my usual route of going to Amazon, but no luck. Tried googling around and found a few sites such as filterbarn.com but they don't carry the PL14476.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks guys.
zkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
Happy Little Pony

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
If you were happy using Bosch filters you'll be happy with Purolator. They're both made by the same company. A good choice. The Valvoline SynPower is a good choice, too.

The best place for regularly priced oil is almost always Wal-Mart. Also, check out the "Bob is the oil guy" sale and rebate forum:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...oard=33&page=1
Happy Little Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #3
zkay

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan 4-DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Little Pony View Post
If you were happy using Bosch filters you'll be happy with Purolator. They're both made by the same company. A good choice. The Valvoline SynPower is a good choice, too.

The best place for regularly priced oil is almost always Wal-Mart. Also, check out the "Bob is the oil guy" sale and rebate forum:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...oard=33&page=1
Cool! I can see the SynPower is $29.99 at WalMart.

I guess I will watch sales at Advance Auto and Autozone to see if the SynPower ever goes on sale for cheaper than that. At the moment they're running specials on Castrol GTX, but I am guessing they switch brands every time if BITOG is anything to go by.

Thank you.
zkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
swiftyman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Also keep an eye on Advance Auto Parts. I don't know if you have any close to you or not as I don't, but they run pretty good promotions. Last year they had a promotion for their website of $50 off of a $150 purchase so I ordered 8 filters, 2 sets of brake pads, 2 Quick Change oil drain valves (I was ordering for 2 cars), a Serpentine Belt, and a set of motocraft spark plugs for my explorer for just over $100 shipped, so it worked out pretty good. Just a friendly tip :)
swiftyman is offline   Reply With Quote