Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-09-2012, 05:12 AM   #1
sradu

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2002 VVT-1
No Electricity at all

Hi,

I have a Yaris CC 1.3l VVT-1, 2002. Took it for regular service 2 weeks ago, changed oil, filters, passed MOT with flying colors.
Since then I used the car for short trips (like I did for the last year or so). Last trip was on Sunday. This morning I've tried to start it... not even a blink. No lights on the dashboard, NOTHING. Dead.
Checked if I left the headlights open... nope. Assuming my battery is still in place, what could trigger this?
The car used to start absolutely fine each time. Even if the battery is out of juice, how come it just died completely? I'm worried the service guys messed up with the alternator or with a connector. Still, I'm surprised by the total lack of juice from the battery, all of a sudden.
Any idea what should I check/do, besides trying to resuscitate the battery?

Thank you!
sradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:30 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
You should first be certain of the battery's status, if you have a voltmeter available, use it across the terminals to see if there's any voltage left... If there is, start looking at fuses, there should be a big one built in to the positive battery terminal.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote