Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #37
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterfiend View Post
No it means I could car less about grammar and spelling Nazi's on the internet. And i'm pretty sure my stock paint looks better then your 10k paint job.
dun't worrie. ppl who dun't hav anythin else 2 say aboot a debate, they likes to say stuffs about grammar and spellin n crap like that. its kinda dumb.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #38
DerFlosser

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
No it means I could car less about grammar and spelling Nazi's on the internet. And i'm pretty sure my stock paint looks better then your 10k paint job.
Ha...ha....give me some of that stuff your smoking. I am sure that you wrong but hey....what else is new?
DerFlosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #39
counterfiend
Banned

Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Well seeing as I detail cars for a living, and have and still do buff cars with nicer paint then yours, I'm pretty sure my paint looks better then your 10k paint job.
And mines factory.
counterfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #40
DerFlosser

Quote:
Well seeing as I detail cars for a living, and have and still do buff cars with nicer paint then yours, I'm pretty sure my paint looks better then your 10k paint job.
And mines factory.
Funny you detail cars for a living because I do it on the side professionally. Only high end cars. So...I am sure that because you are a pro, you can share some of the products that you use with me. Nobody pays attention to detail like I do. So let's hear about some of them....
Old 12-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #41
counterfiend
Banned

And I too do it professionally. But not on the side. Its what I do. Iono, you wanna know machines or compounds? or waxes? Or what interior products I use, what hot water extractor I use? You tell me?

Griots new DA, Metabo 3" DA, Megs g110, Megs g110, Flex DA, or the new Flex rotary, makita rotary, use to use the dewalt rotary, but far to heavy.
Use alot of Megs stuff, 105, or 205, cut really well and can buy in large volume, some Menzerna products - PO85RD, 106ff, 106fa. Dont use alot of Menzerna stuff, really oily and leaves alot of fillers behind, kinda old going back over the whole car agian with alcohol to make sure your actually correcting the paint, rather then filling the paint.
STarted using some Wolfgang stuff recently, its not bad.
Wax wise - im loving Fusion, or Wet Diamond.

I mean i could go through the 40 bottles in the detailing bag, but hey, why waste my time anymore.

Why dont you show all of us pictures of these 6 cars you cant take to the mall because of 14 year old haters. And as proof, Please, put a piece of paper in front of the car that says your screen name and Yarisworld on it, so we know its legit. Thanx much
Old 12-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #42
counterfiend
Banned

Forgot pads! Man, lake country makes some nice pads, I like their new small pad line, works really well on the rotary, the yellow one is really soft and great for applying wax and finishing on rotary. But their new larger pads, the new line, are kinda not so great, too high of a speed on the flex or DA and too much pressure they start to come apart pretty quick. Always liked Megs pads though. Love the black, super soft. But getting more into the "microfiber" wool pads. Cut paint really nicely, but dont leave the really deep buffer swirls like a real wool pad, and easy to clean too with compressed air. And I just started using the Lake country kompressor pads, odd design, soak up alot of product, but do a really good job.

Trying this new wax from the UK called Dodo Juice. pretty nifty stuff.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #43
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Quote:
Why dont you show all of us pictures of these 6 cars you cant take to the mall because of 14 year old haters. And as proof, Please, put a piece of paper in front of the car that says your screen name and Yarisworld on it, so we know its legit. Thanx much
+1. Waiting to see those 6 cars.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #44
DerFlosser

I use a lot of the same stuff but use some 3M products as well. For exterior...I use poor boy's and Chemical guys and always use Dodo Juice cleaners/glazes and waxes. I have a ton of Supernatural wax and use the Chemical Guys special for the top, top coat as it's expensive. Very nice though.

Cars are all in storage. Only 3 are at the house until the 3 car Dutch colonial garage goes up with lifts in every bay.(to store them all)
Old 12-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #45
counterfiend
Banned

I see no pics, I call bs.
Until you have pics of 6 cars that "you cant take the the mall" with a paper showing that info, people are always going to think of you as a liar. fyi
Old 12-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #46
DerFlosser

Quote:
I see no pics, I call bs.
Until you have pics of 6 cars that "you cant take the the mall" with a paper showing that info, people are always going to think of you as a liar. fyi

Ha..ha..ha. Common man. You don't think that I actually care if people believe me or not do you? I am not here to impress anybody...just here to keep up on what's new with the Yaris. I am not going to uncover my cars and pull them out with a posterboard of my usename in front of them. Too friggin funny!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #47
counterfiend
Banned

If your not here to impress anyone then why talk about your dads "30k paintjob" or the 6 cars you cant take to the mall cause of hater kids?

if your not here to impress anyone AT ALL then why say it AT ALL.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #48
DerFlosser

Quote:
If your not here to impress anyone then why talk about your dads "30k paintjob" or the 6 cars you cant take to the mall cause of hater kids?

if your not here to impress anyone AT ALL then why say it AT ALL.
Duh....it was part of conversation. I just happen to be around paint shops and painting operations and I know what's involved and I know the time and money involved. You make it sound like my whole point was to brag about the paintwork or cars.....not true. Never even thought of that way. As mentioned....I was busting supmets balls. If I had only a Yaris or two pinto's....that doesn't make me any different, better or less than anybody. I am not at all like that and you don't know me personally so I can't see what the big effort is in trying to point that out. The whole evolution of the conversation just got that way. Now...let's just let the guy take from the thread what he will. I was here to say that it can't be DONE right for what some people were quoting, including yourself. I wasn not here to brag about my cars or paintwork. The guys who run the paint shop I use are personal friends so I am not getting a job. It's expensive to get things done right. And although I agree the Yaris paintwork is not the best....to do what this guy wants to do.......the RIGHT WAY is going to cost more than a $250 maaco special. That was really my only point and intent here. I am not basing this on show-car paintwork either. Basic, standard collision or new paintwork, with todays costs, overhead etc.........

Not to beat a dead horse or anything....
Old 12-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #49
counterfiend
Banned

So why make a point to say "I have 6 cars I cant take to the mall" what does that have to do with any part of the conversation?
other then trying to brag and be big man on campus.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #50
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
whoa where is this thread heading?lol.
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #51
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
I think we've all heard enough to figure out who's full of shit. Counterfiend is well-known around here as legit in the detail business and car scene in Dallas. So far, derflosser hasn't backed-up anything he's claimed, and has talked shit to a bunch of people. We all know there aren't 6 cars in this clown's garage, or his dad's for that matter. You can be anonymous on the internet, but people can still smell BS a mile away. Sad.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #52
DandiDani

lol
Old 12-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #53
counterfiend
Banned

I love you ozmdd. hahaha. And thanky

i just keep this going cause its entertaining.
next he is going to say he has a supermodel girlfriend and a 14" penis
Old 12-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #54
DandiDani