Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
csk457

Drives: JDM Toyota bB NCP31
ECU Tuning 1NZ-FE ignition timing and fuel ratio (Airflow / Injector)with Emanage Blu

Hello guys, I am from Hong Kong tuning a JDM Toyota bB NCP31 (Scion xB 1st Gen) with 1NZ-FE for ignition timing and fuel ratio using the Emanage Blue.

I am boosting with turbo (Kinugawa Turbocharger TD04L-15T) at max 0.6 bar (8.70 psi)

Here are few question I would like to ask:

1) Is there any thorough guide on how to tune with the Emanage Blue? After learning a little about EFI tuning & how emanage blue works, feel like tuning this piggy back is like a guess work.

2) Ignition Timing
I have read that some guy in this forum with his Yaris tune without modifying the stock ignition timing, would this work well?
If not, how do I tune with emange blue to avoid knocks?
since I do not have the stock ECU ignition angle map; how do I know how retard of timing should I start for each cell for the tune?
So I can start advancing the time from there avoiding knocks.

3) Airflow tuning vs Injector tuning
Seems to me that tuning the fuel flow rate to the engine tune in 2 ways for emanage; the first being adjusting the MAF reading the second one is modifying Injector flow rate directly.
If I am in a close loop; I should tune with the Airflow reading tune only and avoid Injector tuning right?
So I can avoid the stock ECU from "rectfying itself"

Last edited by csk457; 10-16-2020 at 12:00 AM.
csk457 is offline   Reply With Quote