Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-15-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
csk457

Drives: JDM Toyota bB NCP31
ECU Tuning 1NZ-FE ignition timing and fuel ratio (Airflow / Injector)with Emanage Blu

Hello guys, I am from Hong Kong tuning a JDM Toyota bB NCP31 (Scion xB 1st Gen) with 1NZ-FE for ignition timing and fuel ratio using the Emanage Blue.

I am boosting with turbo (Kinugawa Turbocharger TD04L-15T) at max 0.6 bar (8.70 psi)

Here are few question I would like to ask:

1) Is there any thorough guide on how to tune with the Emanage Blue? After learning a little about EFI tuning & how emanage blue works, feel like tuning this piggy back is like a guess work.

2) Ignition Timing
I have read that some guy in this forum with his Yaris tune without modifying the stock ignition timing, would this work well?
If not, how do I tune with emange blue to avoid knocks?
since I do not have the stock ECU ignition angle map; how do I know how retard of timing should I start for each cell for the tune?
So I can start advancing the time from there avoiding knocks.

3) Airflow tuning vs Injector tuning
Seems to me that tuning the fuel flow rate to the engine tune in 2 ways for emanage; the first being adjusting the MAF reading the second one is modifying Injector flow rate directly.
If I am in a close loop; I should tune with the Airflow reading tune only and avoid Injector tuning right?
So I can avoid the stock ECU from "rectfying itself"

Last edited by csk457; 10-16-2020 at 12:00 AM.
csk457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:33 AM   #2
Ronnie V

Drives: 04 3dr HB and 04 5dr RS
PM me. I can send you a Greddy file that will more than get you started. I run a TTE SC but the fuel, ignition and airflow charts sould work as a great starting point for you.

The car has a great knock sensor, if it detects any it pulls timing, I've never heard mine knock and we've run it pretty lean.

Airflow tuning is key, you are correct about the ECU rectifying the fuel maps, its a combo of adjusting the fuel map roughly so the ECU has something decent to work with but the majority of the constant changes are made with the airflow map.
Ronnie V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:34 AM   #3
csk457

Thank you for the help Ronnie! much appreciated.

I guess I am soon going to the tuning phase; I am now in the process of getting my down pipe welding done only.

Also, I am turning from 210cc/min to 328cc/min for the injectors; could the emanage blue take that? I heard 50% increment is its max.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:02 PM   #4
lani100

Drives: Yaris T sport TRD turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by csk457 View Post
Thank you for the help Ronnie! much appreciated.

I guess I am soon going to the tuning phase; I am now in the process of getting my down pipe welding done only.

Also, I am turning from 210cc/min to 328cc/min for the injectors; could the emanage blue take that? I heard 50% increment is its max.
Injector size is spot on for that application, can you also forward the emange file to me please?
Old 01-06-2021, 05:21 AM   #5
csk457

Quote:
Originally Posted by lani100 View Post
Injector size is spot on for that application, can you also forward the emange file to me please?
I would really love to know more about how the ignition timing should be tuned. I you know your experience, please share.

Hi Lani, what are you doing on your machine?

My boost level is 0.5 Bar

I have theoretical calculation of the Injector duty increment put in a RPM vs Manifold Air Pressure chart &

a ignition timing adjustment in a RPM vs Manifold Air Pressure calculated base on guess work of how much delay/advance should be made per boost; which I read online.

These are calculated in excel & also comes with safety 20% safety factors; so I can tune them down when I do my tune.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:10 PM   #6
lani100

Drives: Yaris T sport TRD turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by csk457 View Post
I would really love to know more about how the ignition timing should be tuned. I you know your experience, please share.

Hi Lani, what are you doing on your machine?

My boost level is 0.5 Bar

I have theoretical calculation of the Injector duty increment put in a RPM vs Manifold Air Pressure chart &

a ignition timing adjustment in a RPM vs Manifold Air Pressure calculated base on guess work of how much delay/advance should be made per boost; which I read online.

These are calculated in excel & also comes with safety 20% safety factors; so I can tune them down when I do my tune.
I'm running TRD turbo also on 0.5bar but using TRD standard ecu.
I could use the file as as I know someone with charger
Old 01-11-2021, 12:14 PM   #7
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
I don't know if this helps, but here's my F/IC ignition timing map and it's pretty safe. Mine is all timing retard for safety. Maybe you're looking at advancing the timing. Now that I have a DIY water/meth injection kit, I may start playing with the timing a bit. That is if I don't go standalone. I'm maxing at about .55 Bar (~8 psi)

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:49 AM   #8
csk457

Thx a lot for sharing!

Leave me your email by PM I can send you my excel too