Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
mauiyaris

Drives: 09 yaris
aftermarket power lock problem

I went to a local highly recommend audio installer today to get a quote on installing power locks on my 4dr lb Yaris. He proceeded to remove the door latch/lock and told me it wasnt a good idea to install the aftermarket locks. He said something along the lines of "the stainless steel cable on the Yaris will break after time (rubbing issue) and that it would cost around $300 for the Toyota dealer to fix it". He told me that it has happened to 8 newer Toyotas over the last couple of years. He said it was absolutely possible but that he didnt at all recommend it for my application. Has anyone encountered a problem with the cable actuated aftermarket power locks (causing problems over time) on their Yaris?

thanks
mauiyaris is offline   Reply With Quote