Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
daddz07

Drives: Yaris 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to daddz07
Exclamation Converting from Custom Wheels back to stock!!!

Just curious???

Why is see a lot of Yaris owners and most specially the pcitures i saw here with their cars that are nicely done, dressed up performance wise, interior or exterior mod are now going back to stock???

i see a lot of thread most specialy at the for sale section, they are willing to trade their hardwork earned custom parts back to STOCK!!! What is going on??

Custom wheels trading or would like to buy stock wheels!!??
Custom suspenision willing to trade to stock shocks and springs!!??
sway bars/strut bars removed going back to stock??
seats replaced and now going back to stock??

Why so?? After your hard work and money saving just to get these custom parts, now they are going back to stock?? Is there a pay off? or mistakes or problems experiencing when you modify your car?? me to understand!!!

i dont get it??? I even not sure to modify my car or not?? Man, you guys are the inspiration and now you all going back to stock???? WTF is going on???

Appreicate all your replies!!!
daddz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
financial problems
bored with project
stock car sells faster than modified car
divorce
gay implications of owning a Yaris
etc.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
financial problems
bored with project
stock car sells faster than modified car
divorce
gay implications of owning a Yaris
etc.
What he said, although I would bet most of them are returning them to stock to sell them.

However some people go back to stock wheels for the winter as well, because salt and snow are not good for fancy wheels.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
marlondog
Shut your fricken suck!!!

Drives: 07' liftback
Are you afraid of modifying your car? Is that why you're asking these questions? Do what you want, everyone else does. People add and sell parts all the time. It's not just a Yaris thing, it's a mod thing. People do things that they like, and no one else does. Then you do things that are not so great, but everyone else digs. Bottom line: Do what you want to do.

Last edited by marlondog; 09-16-2010 at 09:29 PM.
marlondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I have only had my 17s on for about 3 months and I will be taking them off for the winter however I may even sell them over the winter so that I can pick up some light weight 15s as they are better to have performance-wise...

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Modified cars are difficult to sell. Most want OEM and likely fear a modded car has had the snot run out of it.
Better payback to remove and sell aftermarket parts (which add no value at car sale) and then sell the car in OEM condition for a wider market.

NOTE: most Yaris here are driven my middle age women with little interest in performance, just economy.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
performance? steelies are lighter than most aftermarket wheels. you can get 4 steelies and 4 brand new tires...powdercoat the steelies, adapt tpms sensors and whatnot....for the cost of 1 aluminum wheel in a 15 or 16" that weighs less than a stock steely.

so, that being said, i'm looking into a powder setup and an old used oven to cook them with so i can have light weight wheels, that look good, and are easy to clean.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01 View Post
performance? steelies are lighter than most aftermarket wheels. you can get 4 steelies and 4 brand new tires...powdercoat the steelies, adapt tpms sensors and whatnot....for the cost of 1 aluminum wheel in a 15 or 16" that weighs less than a stock steely.

so, that being said, i'm looking into a powder setup and an old used oven to cook them with so i can have light weight wheels, that look good, and are easy to clean.
I wouldn't call the stock steelies light weight. Wheelweights.net has them @ 16lbs each.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Yeah, the steelies are heavy fat little bastards.

Go get some SSR's or 15" rp/pf-01's:D
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #10
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Got me them RPF1's. Man I need to post some pic updates. Got to sell some stock parts also. To many got tos, think I got to leave now.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #11
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink10 View Post
Got me them RPF1's. Man I need to post some pic updates. Got to sell some stock parts also. To many got tos, think I got to leave now.
lol! hmm i wonder if stock parts really sell. Maybe I should try to sell some of the stuff I took off my car.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #12
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Yea I know, Lets see....60/40 rear, stock steelies with factory tires at 500mi., stock air box and the list is endless. Now I should go, wrong place for this.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote