Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-08-2022, 12:54 PM   #1
zrwon

Drives: 07 5 door hatchback
Radio wiring problem

12v power was dead, I removed the blue wire from the 12v power source because the wire failed somewhere and I ran a wire with an online fuse to a good 12v power source and it solved my problem. I had lost me flasher signal a year ago for the same reason.

Aftermarket remote start installers had poked a hole in the insulation of the wire and the wire corroded until it cut out, luckily I found that one and was able to repair it but the blue one for the radio, I couldn't find it, so I ran a new one.

Last edited by zrwon; 03-09-2022 at 02:27 PM.
zrwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 01:44 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Typically, when people question the "blue" wire and it's purpose, they are referring to the power wire for the antenna. Since we have an amplified antenna in these cars, it requires a power feed coming from the head unit. If this is indeed the wire you are referring to, then you will not find an associated fuse.