Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2020, 07:09 AM   #1
Paul Leonard

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 ncp91r
Automatic Conversion

Hi all, have a Yaris 2007 ncp91r. It used to be a manual, this is on the paperwork, and has been converted to a auto. The job was done before I purchased it. It has had a good job done as it runs smooth. However, it starts in park. I am wondering if anyone has ideas? I know there is a neutral start switch on the trans. However, its not just a simple one pole switch. Are these problematic on this model? I am also wondering about the ecu, having being converted to a auto, I am wondering if there was a need to change the ecu? Does anyone know the part number that should be on the 2007 auto? Also, I believe the manual has a clutch inhibitor switch that requires the clutch pedal to be depressed before the car can start, is this correct? I am in Australia.
Any thoughts would be useful.
Regards.

Update, sorry, the car starts in drive, brainsnap. I know this can be dangerous as the car can lurch forward, so was wanting to fix it.

Last edited by Paul Leonard; 06-23-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Paul Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto, conversion, manual, manual to automatic yaris