Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
DorytheYaris
aka Eleni

Drives: 10 Yaris LB Auto- Blazing Blue
HELP! My cat peed in my front seat :(

x

Last edited by DorytheYaris; 06-18-2010 at 07:05 PM.
DorytheYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
90tsi

Drives: 09 yaris
my moms cat pissed in my dads 03 tacoma a few weeks ago. he pulled all the interior out and scrubbed it all including the floor boards. if its just your seat you need to get it out asap so the smell doesnt absorb into the rest of the interior. steam your seat and leave it out of the car. my dad left his truck apart for about 4 days or so with a fan on it.
90tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
There is a product that you can buy at pet stores that spray on a chemical that neutralizes the urine and gets rid of the smell.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Aww man, I feel bad for you. I would definitely get that seat out of there, and leave it out some place until the smell is all gone. I don't konw what products to use but I would try to get the seat out ASAP. Sorry.

The neighbor's cat peed in my car once when I forgot to close the windows overnight (it was summer). It took a long time to get rid of the smell, but eventually it went away. (believe me, I **** ALWAYS*** remember to close my windows now!! )
Old 08-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
check the pet store
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #6
tomato
Super Moderator

Yeah, I don't know about any of these solutions, sorry. I guess you already tried Febreez?

Urine is a tough one. YOu probably need some specifically designed product to get rid of that one. The honda lost the smell on her own eventually, after leaving the windows craked open for weeks (well after cleaning the inside, but I didn't buy anything special, just used regular, strong carpet cleaner stuff. The car was old, though so I didn't care, I used what I already had at home under the sink).

Good luck and let us know how you manage to get rid of the smell.

Yeah, the cat probably got scared in the car. If it makes you feel any better, my dog threw up in the car the first time we drove him home.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
tomato
Super Moderator

Yeah, it will but you have to help it a little bit! ;)
Sorry about your car, man that s*cks, a brand new car, too!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Couple of home rem's for you would be to use mouthwash and water (2/1) mix or vinegar and water (same mix). Pour it on and let it stand for 15 minutes and dry as much as possible. The smell of the mixture will go away after a few days. Off the shelf products like Pet Out can work, but are expensive and don't usually get all the smell out.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

another more harsh way (aftersmell) would be amonia and peroxide and it won't harm the fabric I'm pretty sure (even mix again). works great on home carpets so you might test it first.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorytheYaris View Post
Read about Nature's Miracle. I heard it costs a lot and it doesn't do the trick.
We use it at our house for the carpet every now and then. It seems to work for us.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Too bad the fabric is different on the 09s. The wrecked Yaris that I picked up has a good passenger seat, but the fabric is the 08 blue dot type (and it is a bit sun faded)
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #12
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

^ The main problem with the OP's seat would ultimately be the seat foam retaining the moisture/smell/residue from the urine. The fabric would be easy to clean and be effective when clean. It is possible to seperate the foam from the fabric and send the foam to the OP to use. Using new adhesive to apply the skin/fabric from the 2009. It's an option and would solve the issue of having to deal with the smell and lingering effects of urine. maybe you guys can work that out
Old 08-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
^ The main problem with the OP's seat would ultimately be the seat foam retaining the moisture/smell/residue from the urine. The fabric would be easy to clean and be effective when clean. It is possible to seperate the foam from the fabric and send the foam to the OP to use. Using new adhesive to apply the skin/fabric from the 2009. It's an option and would solve the issue of having to deal with the smell and lingering effects of urine. maybe you guys can work that out
Not a bad idea, especially considering that the 09 has the airbag in the upper portion. The fabric is glued to the foam, but that wouldn't be a big deal for a auto upholstery shop.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #14
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

yep, no problem at all really to get off. I've done it a hundred times on other cars to dye to the fabric. This would take time to do, but to me is the best option without dealing with the cleaning chemicals and will or will it not work. This is a sure thing.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
90tsi

Drives: 09 yaris
so a huge question... how long has this set in before you messed with it? or have u tried several different methods? my dad got lucky because as soon as he got home he pulled everything out and scrubbed and steamed it right away so thats what made a huge difference..
90tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #16
Slitwrist Smile

Drives: 2008 yari sedan/2007 sc'd tC
screw all these "home remedies"
go to the grocery store and RENT a "rug doctor". Buy the "upholstry" cleaner (not carpet). The cleaner also has "resolve" in it, and will scotchguard your seat for further r-kelly escapades. The rug doctor, should have a "wand' hand attachment to use with the machine.

Yank that seat out IF YOU CAN. If not, just clean it while its in there.

DO THE WHOLE SEAT about 10 times. Then, after that.. do it 10 more times... this is PISS after all..

Afterwords, let the seat AIR OUTSIDE if you can, if the seat did not get taken out, MAKE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR WINDOWS CRACKED 1/2" so the water/chemicals can escape the car. PARK IN THE DIRECT SUN if you can.

Then, hit it with fabreeze for about 1 week while your driving. I would NOT run the a/c in the car at all.. if that smell soaks into your a/c unit youll never get the funk out.

AFTER ALL THAT - go buy a 3 pack of vanillaroma trees... open ONE and sit it under your seat. 1 week later, open another one, then ONE MONTH later, open the last.

Guarantee that piss smell will be gone. Also post pictures of your kittah!
I had a ragdoll cat (best breed ever) in all white.. i loved her so much!
Slitwrist Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #17
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
least helpful suggestion of the day

next time use a cat carrier

I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #18
tomato
Super Moderator

To the OP: One more idea, maybe stupid but here goes. Any chance you could just take the car out to a professional detail place and have them deal with it?