Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Ok, next best turbo besides garrett

HKS? Greddy?

Don't say TIAL as those are way out of my price range (and some HKS too).

I am not thrilled having the IC pipe welded to the compressor outlet on the Garrett.

Any suggestions?
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
jonismyname

Drives: 08 liftback 5spd

^you don't have to weld.

you're going a mile a minute with this stuff fella
jonismyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
suggestion: instead of starting new threads just for the sake having of someone to answer your questions, you should continue your own thread you started earlier.

^ there you go, the perfect flange to match your compressor outlet from the previous thread.

Search tool can also provide lots of answers.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Not trying to be a dick or offend you in any way, but you are terribly spamming this section. If you just made 1 thread like "Sleey's Turbo Build" and ask all of your questions in there, I am sure they will be looked over and answered by everyone.

Can an admin please come in and consolidate all of the threads he made into something relateable?

Other than that. People have been using the ebay chinese turbos. Both recent builds have used them and have had great success so far. And yes, no welding should be done directly to the turbo at all in mostly every case.

Ahhhhh yarisugi beat me to it.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
sleey0

I am sory fellas.

I won't post here any more.

I will just talk with the ppl who actual don't mind helping me.

FWIW, these 2 threads are completely different. 1 thread was about the garrett and this is about a turbo quality comparison.

Peace,
Wes
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
sleey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonismyname View Post

^you don't have to weld.

you're going a mile a minute with this stuff fella
You see, that was helpful and thank you for that.

I just wanted to know why HKS turbos cost more than garrett, which are supposed to be the best.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
jonismyname

i don't spend enough time on here to care, but it would behoove you to be considerate of the layout of the forum. lots of people here to help you, but you need to help yourself too, and play by internet rules. a single thread would be in your best interest, especially for reference sake. and any help i've offered was via google. i too am interested in forced induction for my little yaris... and find i learn lots more watching than i do asking.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

No thats not the issue, because now you are being stubborn. Alot of us are here to help you but cannot do so if we keep having to jump between 10 threads it boggles minds having to keep track of whats newly posted. Makes sense? You will see that more people are willing to help if you are more considerate of forum rules.

You have multiple threads that could be merged into one thread about you building your turbo kit. "Sprak Plug Gap" "Downpipes for dummies" and especially "Turbo Clearance" "Question about turbos" "GT2554R" "Ok, next best turbo besides garrett" Those last 4 are essentially the same thing..

edit: WTF why do people keep beating me on my posts, I must be typing too slow
Old 09-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #9
sleey0

I am a complete n00b so google doesn't always help.

Like I said, I am sticking to the folks I know here from now on.

If I must post something I will. But not much anymore unless anyone wants to watch my turbo build;)

Mod merge or close

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #10
jonismyname

i had to google behoove. you had plenty of time to jump in there
Old 09-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #11
jonismyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleey0 View Post
I am a complete n00b so google doesn't always help.

Like I said, I am sticking to the folks I know here from now on.

If I must post something I will. But not much anymore unless anyone wants to watch my turbo build;)

Mod merge or close
your enthusiasm is appreciated and an asset to the community. it would just do better condensed.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #12
sleey0

Fuck it and peace.....

If you see a thread and don't want to respond, then move along.

Yes I should habe posted maybe 2 threads instead of 4. But is the world falling apart?

I apologize and have seen MUCH worse around here.

Anyway, carlos, aras, and garm will be my go to guys from now on.

So back to your "1 post per subject rule" ok?

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #13
sleey0

Oh, and I an neurotic when it comes to this shit.

So bear with me will ya?

/thread

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #14
sleey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonismyname View Post
your enthusiasm is appreciated and an asset to the community. it would just do better condensed.
Thank you. IF there is any ? I can help u with let me know.

Just don't post more than 1 thread

Problem is my build is a few months off. Dec/Jan will be my start. Maybe sooner. So what do I do until then? Not post?

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 09-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #15
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Oh and to answer your question/questions, your best bet for a good reliable turbo is a used one from a good working car if you do not want to purchase new. a kit that was made used a DSM 14b turbo, or in my case I will try to be using the turbo from a Nissan SR20DET engine or a CA18DET engine preferably, both GT25, small for quick spool! These can be had for around $100~$200 and may need a $50 rebuild kit to make it good as new. How can you go wrong huh?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #16
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
MicroImageOnline.com
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #17
jonismyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleey0 View Post
Fuck it and peace.....

If you see a thread and don't want to respond, then move along.

Yes I should habe posted maybe 2 threads instead of 4. But is the world falling apart?

I apologize and have seen MUCH worse around here.

Anyway, carlos, aras, and garm will be my go to guys from now on.

So back to your "1 post per subject rule" ok
^fixed it for ya there

in the meantime, i would read and post. theres a silly amount of information about what aught just be a cheap commuter car on this site. we have folks wringing it out for economy and decorating it with crazy paint jobs and driving way too fast and making silly power and plowing their driveways with these things. if you want to learn about it, read about it, and contribute what you can when you can. if you intend to undertake what is still a very daunting and little explored world of turbo chargers (to some of us) it would be best for you and the community to condense it in a single location. then i would have three recent turbo builds to read start to stop easily. that was a fair suggestion. we like information organized... otherwise stuff gets lost.

the internet gives us a chance to think about what we say before we say it, and look before we ask, something we don't get to do in real life. take advantage of it.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #18
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Yeah, quit posting threads on a forum. It's ridiculous.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote