Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2022, 01:27 PM   #1
semitangible
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan 1.5L
Unhappy What just happened? TPMS suddenly faulty and heater blower not working

After about a half hour on a trip, my TPMS light starting flashing, then went on solid. 2008 Yaris sedan.

I don't know if it happened at the same time, but after I determined that the tires were good to go and abandoned my trip for home, I noticed my windshield was fogging even though I had my defrost on. The blower had stopped working.

On the way home, the car seemed to perform just fine.

When I got home I noticed a sound when I turned on the heater, like a relay clicking over, but the blower fan never kicks on.

I looked for the TPMS reset button, but it appears that the entire panel this would be mounted to was removed before I purchased the vehicle. There is a little brown wire dangling from my dash under my steering wheel, I have no idea what this is for but it was cut. Might be the TPMS reset.

I just got a tire replaced, it was bald.

This is after months of not being able to get the serpentine belt tight enough to stop it from squealing when I start the car.

I don't know much about cars, I'm no mechanic. After looking up the fuse panel diagram, it doesn't seem like these are part of the same circuit, is it possible a fuse blew out and took both? Are these related, or is it just a freak incident that both are malfunctioning from the same trip?

I've had a lot of problems with this car. It's about that time of year that my ABS sensors started failing, and I have the ABS engaging on dry pavement intermittently.

Part of me is wondering if it's time I let it go.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
semitangible is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 heater blower tpms