Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2021, 03:53 AM   #1
Hendrix

Drives: Yaris MY2010 1.33l SOL 5d
Question Clutch suddenly not disengaging after high revs

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and trying to utilize your combines knowledge of our beloved (or hated, depending on your experiences) Yaris.

Basic info: 1.33 VVT-i, 100 Hp, [SCP9_, NSP9_, KSP9_, NCP9_, ZSP9_], MY: 2010, motor code: 1NR-FE
Manual 6 speed gearbox, start-stop.

To the point: My Clutch suddenly stopped working (no longer disengages) after driving away from the traffic light.
I was driving away fast (pushed off the road almost by a dodge RAM that wanted to cut me off... david vs goliath ) and I let it go almost into the rev limiter in 2nd gear and then suddenly the clutch did not disengage anymore and have been driving the rest of the way home without a clutch.

My biggest problem now is finding the point of failure, I have bled the clutch until it seemed empty (pedal was totally lose) and then reverse filled it up again. (from the bleeding valve pushing the brake oil in with an oil can). Did not help. The pedal feels normal again but the clutch is still not disengaging.
I did not find any drops of fluid under the car either so seemingly no leak.

Sadly I do have a CSC (concentric slave cylinder) that is located inside the clutch bell. (so if it leaks, it probably will leak in there...)
So no easy checking or replacing of the slave cylinder.
Having everything replaced will be about 2500€ = ±3000$ which is basically half of the value of the car right now.

So I will have to do it myself hence about 1800$ is labor costs, but being a single dad with 4 small kids.... having time (and money) is a luxury.

And before I start taking the whole transmission out to reach the clutch and the slave cylinder:

Can anyone point me in the direction of the most likely point of failure and how to check this (hopefully easily)

You will have my eternal gratitude.

Hendrix
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no clutch