Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #19
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddeenoh View Post
what about the LHD hatchback with the cluster in the middle, do you have to lengthen the wires for that one or is it plug and play?
The LHD is almost plug-n-play. You have to move a couple of wires around to account for the differences in the wiring with Japanese built versus French built Yaris.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #20
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
wow you responded fast... are the gauge pods versus USDM and French that much different, and can it be set to display in MPH instead of KPH?

other note, doing this would make my wife a little jealous of there being a digital gauge in my car, as that is one of the things she wish she had in her Mustang.
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #21
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckerhead View Post
I have a Canadian cluster in my '07 LB. The speedo is metric, which most people don't like, but it's got a factory tach and it works great. Bought it on ebay for $50, and it was about a 10-minute swap.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #22
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddeenoh View Post
wow you responded fast... are the gauge pods versus USDM and French that much different, and can it be set to display in MPH instead of KPH?

other note, doing this would make my wife a little jealous of there being a digital gauge in my car, as that is one of the things she wish she had in her Mustang.
Some are switchable, and some are not (depending on the area they were intended for). If you got one that was not, my KM to Mile conversion device would work for the digital cluster as well as the analog one.