Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2023, 12:10 PM   #1
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Bronsin s Trip around the country

The trip begins tomorrow morning hoping to end around Roanoke Virginia along the Blue Ridge Parkway first day. Here are a couple of pictures of the vehicle I’m taking and how lousy it is for a trip! The roof folds into the trunk so the first picture shows what’s left over to put things. The second picture shows the backseat and passenger front seat full of junk.

There isn’t a lot of room for anything but people. But I will have a convertible for the sunny days.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2023, 01:46 PM   #2
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Make sure to wear your seatbelt. You'll fall out of the car upside down like that.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 01:58 PM   #3
bronsin

Not with the Roof up.
Old 04-08-2023, 03:51 PM   #4
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Enjoy your trip Bronsin. Keep us updated.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 12:31 AM   #5
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
indeed keep us updated

verts do SUCK for trunk space "if" you bring it with you....i do still love my "half top" on my ramcharger since it fits with the tailgate up behind the back seat between the wheel wells

just look at it this way..youve got similar space to my alfa gtv6..and its no vert
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 03:00 AM   #6
bronsin

So Sunday I drove 500 miles from Philadelphia to the border of Virginia and Tennessee on interstate 81. That night at the motel I had massive pain in my feet and my left foot locked up solid. The tendons in my foot were stretch as tight as bowstrings. They were two attacks of this which lasted about an hour each. I’m pretty sure it’s the forward leg seating in the car as low as a Lexus IS250 C. I thought I would have to ask my wife to come get me, but I drove home yesterday, but without the pain tonight. This is what happens with Parkinson’s sometimes. I had a similar experience when I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s and went to Parkinson’s physical therapy a week later. The woman who ran the therapy said that never happened before with anyone who took their therapy program. She said I should tell my doctor. He couldn’t explain it either.

I think I will do better with a car with more upright chair like seating, instead of having your feet out in front of you. Just like the yaris has! So, I’m thinking I will leave again next weekend in the Corolla. I will have to do some reevaluation.

That’s all folks!