Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
N9QGS

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to N9QGS Send a message via Yahoo to N9QGS
Door Locks in cold weather

I had this problem last year and now we are dipping down into the 30's at night Im having the same problem. When its cold out and I stick my key in it goes in but doesn't seem to want to turn to unlock the door, its like its the wrong key and it takes some jiggling and force to make it unlock.

Now don't get me wrong, during the day the door and key interaction is perfect. its a night and day difference. I already tried graphite the locks this made little difference so far, has anyone has any experience with this and could suggest something to try as a fix? It is definitely weather related.

now you may ask, and I honestly have never looked to see if there is a door lock on the passenger side as I type this some cars do some don't... but I cant say if it is happening on the other side... something I will look at next time Im out there... And I dont have the keyless entry on my '07

Thanks, Ron

Tags
cold, door, key, locks