Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2022, 04:01 PM   #1
Chwbcca

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Manual
Rough Idle / Hunting / Stumbling / Shaking Fix

Hey guys!
My 2007 Yaris has 272k miles and it's still rock solid. I'm sure most American Yaris cars are getting up there in age and miles. I've done tons of work on mine to get it running smoothly and the one thing I have to do often is to clean the throttle body. Yes, it's that easy.

CLEAN THE THROTTLE BODY

It's very simple and easy to do and it will hopefully solve your idle woes unless you have other vacuum or fueling issues or other major issues. If you're on a budget and have some free time clean your throttle body. Takes a 10mm socket, taking off a few hoses and your air cleaner top and then you're in. Remember to not scratch the throttle plate itself with metallic objects. You can open the throttle manually or with the pedal if the car is on. Use a little of carb cleaner or similar and clean it nice and proper. Don't forget the edges of the butterfly itself because carbon sticks there too.

That's it! That's all there is to it.

And yes, you have to do this every 6 months or so, not sure why it gums up so quickly but mine does.

Enjoy your smoother idle!
Chwbcca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hunting, idle, mileage, rough, stumbling