Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-16-2007, 02:25 AM   #1
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
Urgent! Driving to Yellowstone from Northern Utah

Hey Guys!

I know this is not a suitable topic for this specific area, but I really need your help!

I am going to drive my new Yaris Sedan to Yellowstone, there is a house that my friend rented for me. The address he gave me is 1037 Hwy 89 south Gardiner Montana 59030. I checked Google Earth and got a direction, the total distance from Logan, Northern Utah is 480 miles and it will take 9 HOURS!!

I will set out at around 2:00 p.m. on Friday and come back on Sunday.

I really need you guys give me some suggestions. Have any of you guys been to the address I gave you? How is the road condition? Is it a good idea if I drive my Yaris rather than SUV? The computer recommends me to take I15, but it takes too long. Any suggestions about choosing the route?

I have no self-driving trip experience so that I really need you guys help!

Thanks a lot!
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:06 AM   #2
ponieswhee

Drives: Black 07 Liftback
Never been to Yellowstone, however I mapquested it and it looks like your route will be all on interstates and state highways. I see no reason you should need an suv unless you feel like paying 3 times as much for gas :P
I used to work for AAA drawing maps for lost tourists and the mapquest route up I-15 was the standard route through Yellowstone. I can almost guarantee it'll be faster than messing around on the state highways there. If you don't get out on the road much maybe you should take the scenic route and enjoy it a bit, though. Either way, have fun :)
ponieswhee is offline   Reply With Quote