Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-27-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
tifosi360

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Any front bumper/ hood stone chip issues? Where could I get Clear Bra kit?

My Yaris is coming in about two weeks. I would like to know if the car has any issues as far as paint chipping easily on the bumper and the hood. I am also thinking about just getting a pre-cut 3M Clear Bra protection kit for the car; however, I am afraid they will have a kit available for a while in the US. Any one outside of the US that know where to get a kit from?

Thanks!
tifosi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
oktaren

Drives: 07yarisliftback04aveohatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi360
My Yaris is coming in about two weeks. I would like to know if the car has any issues as far as paint chipping easily on the bumper and the hood. I am also thinking about just getting a pre-cut 3M Clear Bra protection kit for the car; however, I am afraid they will have a kit available for a while in the US. Any one outside of the US that know where to get a kit from?

Thanks!
join the group buy!
oktaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
i've got a few chips in the hood so if you want to keep your car pristine, it is a good idea,
i've just used the touch-up pen i got from the dealer and it has worked fine, the chips aren't too bad
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
How much is he clear bra
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #5
Boo

Drives: PW Yaris LB AT
I used to purchase the clear protective film for my MINI from http://www.autopaintguard.com/
They also carry Yaris kit, and rear bumper kit... in case you don't like the OE black strip.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:00 AM   #6
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Search Ebay, 4 different companies offer CLEAR front end protection for the Yaris. You can get everthing from just a hood protector, to fully front bumper, hood, and side mirror protection.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:13 AM   #7
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
I've seen kits in ebay starting at 29.99 + S/H. I'm strongly considering getting one. This is my first brand new car and I'll like to keep it pristine as long as I can!! (I'm planning on keeping the car at least until I've paid it off, which is 6 years from now)
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #8
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Has anyone actually install the kit themselves? How hard is it?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #9
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
It doesn't seems to be hard from the guys instruction. Wash the paint, wet, place the bra while wet and squege the water and bubbles out.
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #10
Auto Paint Guard

Drives: Toyota
Hey Guys. I saw this thread and just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Brief history - I've Been in business for 6 years and have installed over 2100 kits.

There are many different companies on Ebay selling the kits. Of course they are all different in terms of designs and materials. I know of 2 companies on Ebay selling vinyl clear bras, Stay away, there is a reason why they are $10.00. Vinyl will not stop a rock. Trust me....

For a general rule of thumb, 3M is going to be your best bet for quality of the film and durability. In regards to design companies, the best designs in terms of fitment and coverage are going to be Xpel, Ultra-shield and Stongard. The design patterns that are found on Ebay are Clearshield and I beleive Clearmask, which are both OK design patterns and are going to be cheaper than the other 3. Mainly due to amount of coverage and more relief cuts.

Now for installing the kits yourself? – I wouldn’t recommend doing it yourself on the Yaris. The bumper is going to be near impossible for a beginner. However if you are still determined to do it yourself, I have a nice video on my site under installation.

Obviously the best is to get the film installed by a professional installer. (Make sure they are good before you pay them.) For example the kits should be 1/8th’ or less away from all edges, there shouldn’t be any bubbles, lift lines, stretch marks, wrinkles etc in the film. Actually on the bumper you may get one stretch mark around the corner, but if properly done it will not be visible.

A good quality kit installed is going to cost roughly $500-700 at least that is what we charge in FL. Again there are cheaper kits on the market but you do get what you pay for.

Hope this information helps. If anyone is in the Tampa area give me a call....

Thanks
Ryan
www.autopaintguard.com
813-505-3868
Auto Paint Guard is offline   Reply With Quote