Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Looking to install a aux audio jack for ipod on center panel

So for those unfamiliar with the aux jack port for the sedan is down below the heater control hidden on the right side near where the passangers left foot would be. Really retarded place to put it cause when your driving your bending over eyes off the road with your right hand trying to plug it in. Then you have this wire dangling all over the place. I would like to have it installed in the area of the parking brake.

I have a pioneer deck and it has a option for a aux cable that you have to plug into the back. My idea is to drill a hole and find a mountable female to female coupler. Connect the cable from the deck to the bottom of the coupler. Thus enabling me to use my ipod again with my aftermarket deck and having it in a more convinent location. I tried google but havent found much.

I am sure this isnt some new idea i jsut thought up. So for those stereo gurus who may have done something like this can you help me out.

This is what i mean....

But something that has a threaded screw and nut to make it mount more clean factory looking.

Simular to this. If all this makes sense.

Another option i was thinking is installing the jack inside the center arm rest. That way tucked from view and no wires all over the place. Also can have my ipod in there playing music while im taking quick turns and not worry about it rolling around on my passanger seat.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote