Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #37
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
This one was a Kia Spectra hatch with ten vented 10" woofers...two altys and Tolm's favorite, a bank of batteries.
I get a headache just thinking about that. Amazing pressure. If they get much stronger they're going to need to be called sonic weapons.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #38
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I'm telling you, sitting in it while it was playing...I almost lost my breath each time the bass line hit.

The two videos I have don't do the experience justice. We played around with...get this...modified Justin bieber, Celine dion, and some Toby Keith...we tweaked the bass in the tracks to be stupid loud. Imagine rolling up on someone, playing a totally girlie track and no matter what they tried, they couldn't out do you. It was a big middle finger to the "regular" thought of bass songs.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #39
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Wouldn't you be able to take a DMM set it to VAC and connect it to you speaker outputs on your sub amp ? Then with that reading do the math on how many watts are comming out of the amp. Then from there calculate the current ? just wondering ?

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #40
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Just out of curiosity, give it a try and let us know what your initial reading is and what part of Ohm's Law you use to convert...

I'm thinking that this is a great learning opportunity!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #41
Viperoni

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
The truth of it all is that most of us are only drawing tons of current for very short intervals. I can tell you this much, on our stock alty, the only time I would get dimming was when I had a bass track in and was railing on the volume.
You're absolutely right. Even though I'm a basshead with the volume knob, I only get light dimming in the Echo. Sundown SAE-1200d running 3 Mach5Audio 12's.

When I had an Earthquake PHD3 in my old Saturn with an 80amp alternator, I had just a bit more dimming ;)
2005 Toyota Echo RS 4dr hatch - Cyl #3 bad - sold
2000 Toyota Echo 2dr coupe - The track car - rusty & scrapped
Viperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #42
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
This is a nice little calculator http://trussinme.com/Apps/audio/voltagecalc/default.asp

The math behind it http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthre...=1#Post1294233

Info courtesy of CA.com

I just finished my Big 3 today subs should be here this week, i'll post some numbers up sometime this next week, Maybe a vid !!!

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dual, enclosure, inch, subwoofer, twelve