Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
94toy22re

Drives: 2012 Yaris L hatch 5spd
First road trip and worst mileage yet!!!

i have a 2012 L 5spd hatch. My journey started in Norman, OK and went to Big Bend national park in Texas 1218 mile round trip 3 adults + luggage. On my way their i had 20mph headwind going the speed limit, 75 to 80 mph with cruise control on. it took 2 1/2 tanks averaging 33.5 mpg worst yet.We spent a couple days relaxing and went on couple hikes. On the way back i was expecting the normal south wind but no a cold front came though so their was 30-40mph head wind most of the way back. started the strip home and Prius passed me going 90 and i though if he can do it i can do to and that started my bad habits on the way back. The 2012's have a average mph gauge and mine was at 91 mph on the first tank with a mpg of 26 I'm not really complaining theirs probably very few cars that could even achieve those numbers in the same conditions. My avg commute mpg has been about 41 since i bought the car in October.
94toy22re is offline   Reply With Quote