Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2022, 02:52 PM   #1
Kesa091518

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Alternator bolt - could this be the reason?

So, after replacing my alternator, I guess I didn’t tighten the bottom mount bolt well and it started to creep out, rubbing against the pulley that serpentine belt goes around (the metal part, not the belt itself). Of course going to replace/res crew in - but here’s a weird question…… yesterday, my check engine light was flashing and I felt lack of power when driving and a very rough idle when stopped. Normally my mind would go to spark plugs or ignition coil but when I saw the loose bolt hanging out, I wondered…… could a loose alternator be the cause of my check engine issue?
Btw, I ran a on board diagnostic but no code was stored
Kesa091518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:06 PM   #2
alanwagen

Drives: 2015Yaris, Son's car, 10 Prius
Check to see that you didn't bugger up the Variable valve timing solenoid. It is right in the way where you want to put your leverage in to tighten the belt. It is on the valve cover.
alanwagen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternator, check engine light, help needed, misfire, service question