Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: What type of fog lights did/will you choose?
Plactic Lenses 0 0%
Glass Lenses 5 11.90%
Mars 1 2.38%
Valeo 0 0%
OEM 12 28.57%
Micro Image Kit 22 52.38%
Other 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Reeves360

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan, 91 ToyotaTruck
Send a message via AIM to Reeves360 Send a message via MSN to Reeves360 Send a message via Yahoo to Reeves360
Fog Lights Poll

I'd like to hear from everyone on what brand of fog lights they installed or are planning on installing in their Yaris.

I've been looking around at all the different types and brands that will work for our cars. I'm having issues finding a part numbers for the actual OEM fog lights. I have actually found OEM fog lights for about $130 each side but I don't think I'm willing to pay that much.

On the other hand I REALLY don't want to install some $50 E-Bay fogs which usually come with clear or colored plastic lenses and silver reflective material.

Also 99.9% of the time when I find a fog light kit that will work for our Yaris it doesn't list the brand, which makes me a bit wary. They usually say something like "OEM Look" or "OEM Quality" which I find hard to believe.

They seem much harder to find and are more expensive but I've found nicer fog lights that have glass lenses and if wanted, yellow reflective insides.

I've been told that the latter is more like what you would get if you bought OEM and that the yellow reflective material is better then tinted plastic.

I've also heard that a lot of Toyota lighting parts are made by either Mars or Valeo. The only place I've found Mars fog lights for our car is on E-Bay for Australia but they do look really nice.

So what do you guys think?

I'll try to post up some pics and link to products that I find.

Thanks in advance for all of your opinions!
Reeves360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brand, fog, lights, oem