Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
Question Where do I stick it?...a Vios badge that is.

OK, I bought a Vios badge from Garm at MicroImage. I've gone so far as to remove the Yaris badge from the right rear of the trunk. My Yaris...errr...Vios is the 'S' model so below where the Yaris badge was is a red S. Over on the far left is a Toyota badge. I've searched through the forums and looked at pictures. I've seen KaoticLasagne's and he has a Vios badge on the left where my Toyota badge is. The right side of the trunk lid is "clean". He has something down to the right of license plate. I couldn't quite tell what from the picture.

So.....
#1 Should I remove the Toyota badge and place the Vios one there? Leaving the 'S' badge over on the right by itself?
#2 Should I just replace the Yaris badge <already gone> with the Vios one in the same place? (And leave the 'S' badge below it.)
#3 Should I go with #1 and remove the 'S' badge too for a cleaner look?
#4 Other ideas?

I like the 'S' badge, but maybe it's too busy with all the badges back there. Thanks for your suggestions!
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
#1.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan

This is what i did overall the cleanest look you can get
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:25 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Vioses (Viii?) here have the Vios emblem on the left side (where you had the toyota one originally) and the trim badge on the right, so the S would not be out of place (but maybe a bit too low?) if you wanted an OEM look.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Vioses (Viii?) here have the Vios emblem on the left side (where you had the toyota one originally) and the trim badge on the right, so the S would not be out of place (but maybe a bit too low?) if you wanted an OEM look.
That's what I'm leaning towards, Vios on the left, replacing the Toyota emblem. Yeah, the S would be a bit low, I agree. I think I will remove the Toyota emblem next. I may need to order a new S emblem and place it on the same horizontal line as the Vios emblem. My wife drives an 09' Corolla S and it says Corolla on the left and the S emblem is on the right side all by itself.

On a different, but related note. My wife and I were watching Bangkok Dangerous with Nicolas Cage last night and there was a scene where Nicolas Cage's character was putting a bad guy in the trunk of a black car and it was a VIOS!!! We had to back up the DVD and stop it on that frame, but it was definately a Vios. The Vios emblem was on the right side with a VVT-i emblem on the left. Pretty cool!

Yaris-Me - thanks for the feedback!

YarisSedan - thanks, I'm still toying with color matching that chrome trim piece over the license plate like you've done. Since I bought the Vios emblem, it's going on!
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote