Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2019, 04:04 AM   #1
Haiderali123
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.3vvti
Yaris EML P0012 & P0014

Hi all. I recently had a new engine put in my Yaris 2011 as my chain had snapped in the old engine. Long story cut short but was driving to airport on motorway, oil level etc all was fine, all of a sudden car lost power and cut out. Called breakdown and there was no compression and Timing Chain had snapped. Very odd especially with the Yaris's. Anyway, replaced it with a used engine from a breakers from a 2012 yaris (My car is 2011 but they are the same engines). New engine was fitted by a garage. I drove the car for around 30 miles and got the Engine Management Light on. I took it back to the garage and he had a look, he then swapped over the VVTI solenoids at the top of the engine with my old ones, cleared the engine code and then told me to drive it for a while. After another 10 miles then light came back on, took it back to him and his computer gave the code "P0012 & P0014". I then went to a breakers and got another set of Solenoids to rule out any issues with them and again 10 miles later the EML came on. Also tried an oil flush even though the oil was fresh new oil but did it anyway, same problem.

There is no issues with the car driving, no loss of power, no rough idle, all sounds perfectly fine apart from the start/stop not working now but this EML is bugging me and I want to get it sorted. Next solution garage has proposed is to replace timing chain. Anyone have any idea what it could possibly be or what I could possibly change to get this issue sorted before having to go through a timing chain kit.

Toyota Yaris 2011 mk2 1.3vvti

Thank you very much, i appreciate all your help. 
Haiderali123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eml, solenoids, timing chain, vvti