Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #19
AlainMikli

Drives: ings 09 Yaris 3 Door LiftBack
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC Motorsports View Post
Where did you get them and how much did they cost???
I bought it back from Hong Kong with a Super Awesome deal.....almost half price of the RSVP in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
NICE -- what model BRIDES are those?
driver Side : Eugo II
Passenger : Xax II (Easy for passenger to get off)
REAL JDM ings+1 Full Body Kit…REAL JDM C-One Spoiler…Retrofit Projector Headlight…Kiddo 6-pots BBK…CE 28N J-Time Attack…Bride Ergo II Racing Seat…Personal Steering Wheel…Work Bell Quick Release…Dealer Option Sun Roof…JDM RS LED Side Mirror…JDM RS Taillight…C-One Oil Cap…C-One Radiator Cap…TRD Iridium Racing Spark Plug…Tom's Fuel Map Controller…Blitz throttle controller…GReddy Informeter Touch…MR Suspension…TRD Rear Sway Bar…MR C-Pillar Bar…GTspec Front Strut Bar & Rear Strut Bar…AFE Intake…WR Header…Nitto Mid-Pipe…Greddy Ti-C axleback…Goodridge SS Brake Line…
To do: Supercharger…
AlainMikli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #20
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
i just like that ghost logo......

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #21
AlainMikli

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_Yaris View Post
niceee seats! install the controller let me know if you have any questions
I dont have time this week, I'm kinda busy

may be Next week~

Quote:
Originally Posted by scape View Post
from what I remember, the passenger seat has a weight sensor in it, anything over that limit and the air bag light and seatbelt light goes off. removing the seat all together means you removed that sensor in the seat's bottom, and it probably needs to relay the signal. was there any connections you had to unplug while removing the original seat?
There's 4 sensor under the original pass. seat, however, Malaya1121 told me he tried to unplug all of them from the stock seat and plug back in, but still uesless
REAL JDM ings+1 Full Body Kit…REAL JDM C-One Spoiler…Retrofit Projector Headlight…Kiddo 6-pots BBK…CE 28N J-Time Attack…Bride Ergo II Racing Seat…Personal Steering Wheel…Work Bell Quick Release…Dealer Option Sun Roof…JDM RS LED Side Mirror…JDM RS Taillight…C-One Oil Cap…C-One Radiator Cap…TRD Iridium Racing Spark Plug…Tom's Fuel Map Controller…Blitz throttle controller…GReddy Informeter Touch…MR Suspension…TRD Rear Sway Bar…MR C-Pillar Bar…GTspec Front Strut Bar & Rear Strut Bar…AFE Intake…WR Header…Nitto Mid-Pipe…Greddy Ti-C axleback…Goodridge SS Brake Line…
Old 05-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #22
AlainMikli

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
take out the plug behind the passenger warning lights... the risk of flying through the windscreen in the event of a crash is a small price to pay in exchange of resting their butts on such sexy upholstery...

I'm plaining to cover surface of the whole part with CF Sticker, of just unplug the light...

But I really want to find a way to by-pass the air bags signals tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
yea i would agree /\

once they sit in those seats, then go back to their stock seats, they will think there life is worthless anyway

But if I can by pass the airbag signal, I can get back my steering wheel & A pillar air bag
Old 05-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #23
AlainMikli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
i just like that ghost logo......
I still have the decal if you want them, $10 shipped to you.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #24
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
Great looking seats. Your car is coming together nicely.

As for the airbag light, you should be able to undo the clip on the back, or just cut the wires. Either way.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #25
AlainMikli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandall View Post
Great looking seats. Your car is coming together nicely.

As for the airbag light, you should be able to undo the clip on the back, or just cut the wires. Either way.
Yeah, I guess I have to undo the clip and call it a day, haha.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:14 AM   #26
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainMikli View Post
I dont have time this week, I'm kinda busy

may be Next week~

There's 4 sensor under the original pass. seat, however, Malaya1121 told me he tried to unplug all of them from the stock seat and plug back in, but still uesless

If you move the sensors over, you also have to move the Occupant Classification ECU, which is located under the front of the passenger seat. There is a calibration that a Toyota Tech can do with the Techstream tool to zero-out the system.

Looking at the service manual and EWDs I believe you can bypass the sensors by supplying 0.2 VDC to the SIG1, 2, 3 ,and 4 terminals (on the 4 connectors that plug into the 4 Occupant Classification Sensors).

Connector U1-U4:
Conn U2 - Occupant Classification Sensor (Front LH).jpg

Pin 1 - SVC
Pin 2 - SIG
Pin 3 - SGD
PassOCCSensor.jpg

The normal operating range for SIG is 0.2 to 4.7 VDC. If you connect up the 4 sets of resistors, theoretically the light should stop flashing (and I believe that this will be the Passenger Airbag Off mode). If the passenger airbag is on with the resistors in place, flip the 10K and 470 ohm resistors so that the 470 is connected from SVC to SIG and the 10K is connected from SIG to SGD. The service manual doesn't indicate if 0.2 V is empty seat reading or if 4.7 V is.

Last edited by CTScott; 08-05-2009 at 11:30 PM.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:40 AM   #27
samhain

Drives: 06' Scion xB
Bump for a killer old thread...any solution for this? I know Micro Image used to sell a bypass but they are long gone. Thanks!
samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:55 AM   #28
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
Bump for a killer old thread...any solution for this? I know Micro Image used to sell a bypass but they are long gone. Thanks!
The gentleman and scholar that posted just above you, CTScott, created a bypass module that takes care of this issue. I bought one from him when I installed my sparco seats and couldn't be happier with it. I have the link to an off-road motorsports site that stocks and sells them, if you need it. The bypass is awesome. With it, you can enable and disable the passenger airbag with the flip of a switch.

When you have a passenger, you turn it on and when they plug their seat belt in, lights stop flashing and everything works as intended. When you're riding alone, you flip the switch the other way to disable the occupancy sensor on the passenger side and no more airbag or seat belt light flashing. It's an absolute must have for anyone with aftermarket seats. It works for multiple Toyota vehicles since so many use the same passenger occupancy sensor., which is a nice cherry on top.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote