Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #73
NJ Drive

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
Anybody know the weight of the fog lights? Unsure if the 2012s are any different than the previous gen, but a roundabout weight would suffice.
NJ Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #74
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Drive View Post
Anybody know the weight of the fog lights? Unsure if the 2012s are any different than the previous gen, but a roundabout weight would suffice.
OEM ones are 10.5 oz each, aftermarket ones are a bit less.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #75
NJ Drive

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
That's pretty light, guess they're staying in, lol. Thanks Scott.
NJ Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:56 AM   #76
edmt
Vios 2011 1.3J

Drives: Toyota Vios 2011 1.3J
hi jcboy what model and variant is your car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
ok i did what you said, and connected the yellow wire, D2-7, and i also measured the blue wire on the fog switch, it actually gives 12V to when foglights get switched on. it didnt work. both the green wires gave 12V when the park light switch was turned on, it also didnt work in firing up the foglight indicator on the gauge. is it possible to have indicators in the cluster but no LED for that?

BTW, the factory-wired esuse foglamp was included in the harness. the wires the arrow point to come from the switch and are attached to the harness (thick one, in the middle) and somehow finds it way toward the relay (blue Denso relay on the right side, encircled) and also to the outside fusebox (probably)/engine bay, so there's really no route for me toward the esuse fog light install instructions.

FYI, the items on the relays, etc, either say Denso Made in Japan or Denso Made in Thailand. So it gets even worse knowing my VIN tag says Made in Philippines. Now we dont know if the wiring follows the other Toyota plants and which one if it does.. Help...

edmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:17 PM   #77
Billiam

Drives: '10 White Yaris 4D LB
Old thread revival.

A few months ago I installed some aftermarket fog lights on my daughter's 2010 LB. I wired them up to be DRLs. They come on and off automatically with the ignition. I installed a switch to the left of the steering wheel in case there was a need to turn them off. However my daughter occasionally turns them off by accident. So I figured I would come up with a way to use the OEM indicator light so she could easily tell if they were on. This thread made it easy.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:23 PM   #78
Captamrica

Drives: 2013 Toyota Yaris LE Hatchback
Another Revival of this thread

History, background and why I'm here.

I installed OEM Fog lights in my Daughter's White 2010 3 door hatchback and it was a total no brainer. The kit came with the switch that dropped right in one of the blanked out spots in the center near park brake with her Power lock switch and AUX Jack. The loom was there for the switch. The plugs were there for the fog lights. It went great.

Well that car took a hit from a Tractor trailer with my wife driving with her (daughter) in the passenger seat. Dude fell asleep at 75mph and drifted into the left lane with them almost past him. My wife floored it and almost got past him driving with 2 wheels in the grass median, blowing the horn, right next to the drivers door of the rig. Wasn't enough his front wheel caught them just behind the passenger door in front of the right rear wheel. His lug nuts opened up the car like a can opener. Blew out the passenger door window, it was tinted so it held together.

Spun them around in front of the truck sideways snow plowing them down the highway at 70mph. Guess he woke up somewhere in there and stopped the truck after about 1/4 mile.

My little girl is very timid but she loved that car, her first. She climbed out through the drivers door after my wife got out and took off running at the guy as he got out of his truck chasing him back up in his truck. She was going to kick his ass. My wife told me she couldn't believe they were still alive let alone seeing her picking a fight with a trucker.

Okay long story, sorry. I wasn't a fan of her vehicle choice when she picked out this used 2010 Yaris, never even heard of these before, but I couldn't knock it. It was sound aside from smelling like coffee. I stripped the interior and pressure washed the carpet and seat covers. I do all my own work on my vehicles. Just retired my 1993 Ford Explorer with 535,xxx miles. That's one of 3 that are over 400,000 miles. So I'm doing something right.

When she wanted another Yaris, I said no problem.
She picked out a Red 2013 Yaris LE 5 door hatchback. I'm doing all sorts of work on it for her underbody lighting, indirect LED lighting inside, etc. Plus installing Fog lights. Now this one is missing the interior loom but I have a kit to install it in the same place as it was in the 2010. I'm assuming the "Stalk" switch is the multifunction switch on the turn signal arm. I see the indicator in the instrument cluster. The plugs were outside for the fog lights themselves.

There is so much info here that I'm a little overwhelmed on which would apply to this 2013. A lot of this is Pre-2013 and I know there's a lot of changes just from the 2010 to the 2013, not for the better if you ask me, her to, she misses her 2010.

Just looking for confirmation of the pin assignments are the same and where to connect the switch to. I've got to pull power and ground from somewhere. The switch kit has all these wires for that but where am i pulling these from and where is the output to the fog light relay.

I'm going to dig back through and see what I can find but if anyone has anything to add I'd appreciate it.

Yeah, I'm a little long winded as well. Thanks
Captamrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:38 PM   #79
Captamrica

Questions

I can't read the text in the images that defines the modules in the schematics. and what is a "Combination meter" that your hooking things up to when wiring it with the external relay. My kit has it's own relay but I'd like to use as much of the factory stuff as possible. Also need locations of where this relay would be at in a 2013. Her owners manual identifies the fuse but not the relay location.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot. I'm in the US and I discovered with the 2010 this vehicle is very popular outside the US especially in RHD countries.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2021, 08:01 PM   #80
Captamrica

Combination Meter

Is the Combination meter the IP cluster? IP= Instrument Panel There's a lot of acronyms that are used in the thread that I am not familiar with. Sorry I was raised building Ford Aerostar and Explorer from 1988-2006. My daughter buying a Toyota was the first time anything other than a Ford, Mercury, or Lincoln had been in my garage.

Well, I did have a 1999 Plymouth Breeze someone gave me that came out of Michigan. It was my tetanus car. The Rockers were completely rusted out with jagged edges. If you were wearing shorts getting in and out you were bleeding. Used for a work car