Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-18-2020, 04:15 PM   #1
lava
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2010 3dr manual
Holy hot knife through butter batman!

Bought a used 2010 with a manual last month and was NOT having a pleasant experience shifting, but figured it was just the nature of the transmission.

Was occasionally having to disengage the clutch and try again to get it in to first and third, almost always had to put it in to fourth before I could get it in to reverse without grind, backing up in reverse was loud and strange sounding (not the regular straight cut gear whine).

Read through posts here about gear oil, and went with the Redline MT-90. Waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. Smooth, normal shifts, and reverse sounds normal again. Not sure what the previous owner was running in there or maybe they never changed it, but planning on doing it again in a month or two just to make sure it's clean.

BTW...Didn't have whatever the correct metric size for drain and fill plugs, but had 6-point 15/16 socket that fit snug.

Just wanted to share experience, and say thank you!
lava is offline   Reply With Quote