Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
SCCA Texas Motor Speedway Road course 9/27/09

Just a reminder that the Texas Region SCCA is holding their annual TMS infield Road course event this sunday. Pre-registration is required, but spectators are welcome, and ther will be a few Yarii on the course! Come-on out to watch, ride-along, or even runt he event if you can get registered before then.

www.autocross.com/tr

Mike
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
Mike,
I may drive out to watch, but can't spend the mulla. Plus, I'm saving whats left of my tires for mineral wells ER event.
One Year One Oil-AMSOIL at www.Trulube.com TRD Exhaust, Springs and Struts. TRD SSK. NST Underdrive Crank Pulley. Amsoil Dominator 10w-30 Racing Oil, Amsoil DOT4 brake fluid, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 transmission oil, Ultra Racing 23mm Sway Bar, Camber Bolts, R1 Drilled Slotted front Brakes and SS Brake cables from Micro-Image. Orange Konig Daylight 17s, Kumo MXs. Greg@TruLube.com
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #3
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
That's a pretty fun track. I ran the Yaris there during One Lap of America in 2008. In the rain. Passed 2 Porsches... gotta love rain and FWD!

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Man, this was a great event! Anyone in the TX/OK area should try to do this event next year, or look for other groups that do it (Corvette Club). It was a supreme track surface, very fast, useable rumble strips, and the setting, in the middle of TMS, was really cool. The Yaris took 3rd out of 20+ novice drivers, and my fastest run would have won if not for knocking 1 cone out of the box in the last slalom. Still got 3rd place with a 2 second penalty!
BTW - I am officially in love with the Kumho Ecsta XS tires!!
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote