Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-19-2014, 06:01 AM   #1
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
New shocks / struts and springs?

Ok, so I've had my Yaris now for 5 years. I had Tanabe NF210s put on it the year I got it. Now whenever I go over bumps or dips I hear the springs (I think it's the springs) make creaking noises.

I've driven my Yaris pretty hard these past 5 years. Is it time to replace the suspension?

What are good shocks, struts and springs to get now and what's a good place to get them (online or locally, no preference really)? I prefer a smooth, comfortable ride.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Ok, so I've had my Yaris now for 5 years. I had Tanabe NF210s put on it the year I got it. Now whenever I go over bumps or dips I hear the springs (I think it's the springs) make creaking noises.

I've driven my Yaris pretty hard these past 5 years. Is it time to replace the suspension?

What are good shocks, struts and springs to get now and what's a good place to get them (online or locally, no preference really)? I prefer a smooth, comfortable ride.
What is your budget? Hell my car squeaks like crazy, and I don't usually drive it hard.

If you really want good ones the Tokico HTS "Reds" Adjustable Shocks are supposedly amazing, and Micro Image has them for $700 right now. I know Echo even had a controller that could adjust them from inside the cabin.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #3
IsLNdbOi

Is that set in the Micro Image link for the front and back?
Old 07-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
IsLNdbOi

I'm not sure what a reasonable budget would be for this. I want to replace everything. Front and rear shocks, struts and springs. What are good estimates on the low end and on the high end?
Old 07-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
KYB struts and shocks and springs of ur choice ...ur springs maybe just fine all u may need is isolators ...I did a swap from sportline to tein and are running on kyb works well for budget ...reason I swap my springs cos of winter driving they got corroded and made way to much noise so my tein I sprayed with underbody rust protection stuff .
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #6
IsLNdbOi

Thanks Exiwolfman. Anyone else have suggestions or recommendations? Trying to get as many options as I can.

I've decided to do this (new shocks, struts, springs) and other "upgrades" instead of trading my Yaris in for a new 2015 Fit.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #7
Exiwolfman

Good choice ....save money :)
Old 07-21-2014, 02:58 AM   #8
IsLNdbOi

Well, decided to go with all TRD: shocks, struts, springs and rear sway bar. Gonna get a rear spoiler too. Now just need to find a place here in Vegas that can install all of this for me.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Front and rear shocks, struts and springs.
That would be front struts, rear shocks, and springs.

Quote:
Good choice ....save money :)
TRD is more expensive than the alternatives. Good parts, though!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:31 PM   #10
Exiwolfman

TRD struts are made by kyb if not mistaken as for TRD springs either eibach or h&r
Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #11
UberSilver

Drives: 08Yaris2D, 88LandCruiser.
I got my Tokico HP Blues from GummyGrip.com for $330. shipped. and they are in your town, so it maybe less. I highly recommend the Blues for all around driving & handling. Talk to Matt @ 702-457-7278.

http://shop.gummygrip.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post