Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
misteo
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 blue toyota yaris
help me with my annoying alarm!

i bought a new yaris today, a very basic car with the manual locks [ the ones where you have to reach over and unlock it yourself and unlock the door with your key]. well, the dealership didnt give me much help, but the alarm system the guy mustve put on it, the previous owner i mean, is very very confusing.

its this one: http://www.viper.com/P-426V/Viper+1-way+Security+System where the alarm arm and unarm are on the same button. i cant tell if my car is on alarm or not, it beeps the same way no matter which way i push it and even if i open the door it still starts making noises, i just dont know if its on alarm or not. its very very sensitive. i guess i turn off the alarm, open my door and then shut it, i open it again and the alarm goes back on or something.

well, its annoying the hell out of me, so where can i go to get a new alarm put in? one with actually two buttons instead of the two arm/unarm on the same button? like this http://www.viper.com/P-563V/Viper+1-...e+Start+System ? i want to see if i can find a cheaper one, buying it online is not the option for me. would i have to go back to the dealership? autozone? some other car place?

or can i just save time and just buy a different remote such as this : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29 , same company, newer model i guess. will it still work with the alarm placed on my car?

Last edited by misteo; 10-21-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: misspellings
misteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
sanityassassinv2
The poison in your poison

Drives: 2008 Black Liftback MT
It sounds like it has the auto-arm option turned on--where it automatically arms itself 30 seconds after shutting the last door that is open.
sanityassassinv2 is offline   Reply With Quote