Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2021, 05:09 PM   #1783
Financial Mistake
 
Drives: 2006 YRX 5D HB
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Australia
Posts: 6
Anyone tell me what the lightest 15x7 or 16x7 wheel would be?
Financial Mistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:08 AM   #1784
Jiv3tky
SIMP GOD
 
Jiv3tky's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: District Heights, MD
Posts: 4
I say the best bang for buck in 15x7 and 16x7 would be the Advanti Storm S1 wheels.

They weight about 10 pounds at 15x7.
https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazd...xoC9AAQAvD_BwE
Jiv3tky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:49 AM   #1785
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiv3tky View Post
I say the best bang for buck in 15x7 and 16x7 would be the Advanti Storm S1 wheels.

They weight about 10 pounds at 15x7.
https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazd...xoC9AAQAvD_BwE
Those are beauties. And 10 lbs each! This may seem like a silly question - I really know nothing about aftermarket wheels - but is there a horsepower limit associated with this type of wheel?
__________________


2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 02:13 PM   #1786
Jiv3tky
SIMP GOD
 
Jiv3tky's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: District Heights, MD
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Those are beauties. And 10 lbs each! This may seem like a silly question - I really know nothing about aftermarket wheels - but is there a horsepower limit associated with this type of wheel?
Nope, I don't believe so. Unless you're making more than 250 horsepower I would worry about get wider wheels.
Jiv3tky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 05:26 PM   #1787
Neinris
 
Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: ‘Murica!
Posts: 183
“M” Style wheels...

Not mine, but my cousin’s wheels on my car. Wanted to see how they look. These are M Style Wheels, 15X8.25”, offset 20. Tires are 195/45 R15. The wheels I’m after are 16X8, offset 25, so I’m glad they won’t poke as much as these.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 06:55 PM   #1788
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinris View Post
Not mine, but my cousin’s wheels on my car. Wanted to see how they look. These are M Style Wheels, 15X8.25”, offset 20. Tires are 195/45 R15. The wheels I’m after are 16X8, offset 25, so I’m glad they won’t poke as much as these.
Good looking wheels. I agree, I'm not a big fan of stretched tires. What tires spec are you planning on running? I just picked up 205/50R16 Firehawk Indy 500s and they'll be on a 6.5" wheel. I expect they'd look better on your 8" wheels. I have the same tires on my car now and they don't bulge out at all, but I do have wee bit of curb protection. Plus the FireHawks have a bit of rim protector built in.

Where did you score the Vitz RS tail lights, or did they come on the car? I so want a set of those, but can't justify $600.00, which is what it would cost me to get a set to Canada.
__________________


2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:21 PM   #1789
Neinris
 
Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: ‘Murica!
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Good looking wheels. I agree, I'm not a big fan of stretched tires. What tires spec are you planning on running? I just picked up 205/50R16 Firehawk Indy 500s and they'll be on a 6.5" wheel. I expect they'd look better on your 8" wheels. I have the same tires on my car now and they don't bulge out at all, but I do have wee bit of curb protection. Plus the FireHawks have a bit of rim protector built in.

Where did you score the Vitz RS tail lights, or did they come on the car? I so want a set of those, but can't justify $600.00, which is what it would cost me to get a set to Canada.
I was actually planning on going 195/50 R16.
I’ve seen 195 on 8” wide wheels, and only has a slight stretch.

https://youtu.be/BCoA5gq6pSw

It’s good to see what 195 looks like on 8.25”. And I’m happy to share in case others are wondering.

The taillights I found for sale here for $200! I picked them up locally. I was going to haggle it down to $180 because the passenger side had stuff growing in it. I pried it open and manage to only cause minor cracks. I layer it lens down to not let the electronics to get wet, and poured descaling solution in it, rinsed it with water then baked it in the oven in low heat to get rid of the moisture, then super glued it back together. I think I got back in June or July of 19. No moisture issue so far.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #1790
mitch9521
Manual elitist
 
mitch9521's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 LE, 2007 F150
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Posts: 126
16x7 Advantis I got from another YW member, car is sitting on 1.5" F/R Megan Racing lowering springs that still need to settle a bit.

Rims are wrapped in BFGoodrich Comp-2 Sport, 205/45/R16



__________________
2014 Yaris LE 5 Speed - Netz emblem, fog lights, TRD sway bar, Blitz ram air, JDM tails, TRD short shifter, 15-17 radio, SE/RS spoiler, weeb stickers, projector retrofit, SE cluster, NST crank pulley, MR lowering springs - Daily driver

2007 F150 STX 4.2L 5 Speed - towing mirrors, Back Rack, weeb stickers, chrome bumpers, Lariat grille, Mark LT headlights - Pampered workhorse - hibernating

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post pics of cylinder head (engine) covers here joelitton Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 157 08-02-2017 11:36 AM
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 5 09-05-2010 08:53 PM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
My new 09 yaris! (post bath) tristan Photo-Video-Media Gallery 10 10-21-2008 01:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.