Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-18-2021, 11:29 PM   #1
ncp93

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2011
Sedan power trunk upgrade

Hi everyone!

I got the motorized trunk latch from Japan and it has 3Pin connector while the stock latch only have 2Pin.

Based on my multimeter, the 2Pin is a constant "almost 12V" regardless the car is locked or unlocked and based on my observation, the functionality of this is for the sensor which is connected on the alarm. If the car is locked, and you opened the trunk using the key then it will trigger the alarm.

Anyone knows the functionality of the 3Pin latch? I believe the additional wire is for positive(+) feed to to open the trunk which I am thinking that it is only hot when the car is unlocked to prevent the trunk from opening on push button when the car is locked. I have the JDM trunk garnish with push button instead of key hole, and I don't have any plans on connecting the motorized latch on my remote so identifying the exact functionality of the 3Pin is my main challenge and if I am correct about the Hot wire when unlocked, I do not have in mind as well on where to tap it.

Is there anyone here that can identify the 3Pin functions? I believe the US models with power package has this?

And if I am correct, any leads on the Positive (+) wire which is only hot when the car is unlocked?

Below are the photos I took. If I will be able to complete the project, I will be updating this thread so there will be a clear reference for future DIY guys.

Thank you very much!

https://imgur.com/a/oX1c1VF
https://imgur.com/a/qau33XA

ncp93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:07 AM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
I'm not sure the US can help here. My 07 "S" package sedan had manual/cable release for the trunk. The HB has remote lock release but it's a totally different connector. The wiring diagrams I have don't include a power release for the sedan, just the HB.

I don't know which region of Toyota's Tech Info you would fall under, but it might be worth investigating that and getting a two day subscription so you can download the wiring diagrams.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jdm trunk latch, power trunk, power trunk release, sedan trunk power upgrade, trunk latch upgrade