Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
AliCLick

Drives: 2010 3DR LB, Meteorite
Anyone using ProClip Angled Mount for iPhone?

Note - reposting this to the Entertainment/Electronics forum, originally placed in the general forum. Sorry, posted in haste.

Hi - new owner here (2010 2Dr HB Manual/Meteorite), and trying to figure out my options for using my iPhone 3GS with the stock head unit.

I'm looking for an iPhone mount that will work well for music and navigation (TomTom app, need a mount that rotates). The Proclip seems the cleanest choice (I'm not crazy about window or dash suction cups), and friends swear by other Proclip vent mounts. But I'm not sure I like the location that the angled mount puts the device in...seems kinda low and off to the side. And the price, yikes! Angled mount plus an adjustable holder with charger mount....almost $120 including shipping?

Anyone using this?

Anyone else using something different that they really like? I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences.

Thanks!

Last edited by AliCLick; 01-17-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added image
AliCLick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
toyota
SRacer

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to toyota
To be honest with you, i just carry
my iphone on my lap and if i need to put
it down, i set it down on the side pocket of the
car. I looked at the mount that
you mentioned up there and it looks to
be good for what you want it for...
give it a try and give us a review on it...
-Sam

Learn The Truth about Six Pack Fast!
toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
?!?!?

120!?!?!

is it made of gold?

I've used the dlo vent mount for over a year and it works great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYZLeCcHZS8

http://www.amazon.com/DLO-VentMount-.../dp/B0016KFRPG
Old 01-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
AliCLick

Quote:
Is it made of gold?

I've used the dlo vent mount for over a year and it works great:
Yes, the Pro-Clip is really pricey...but the DLO doesn't look like it'll handle a phone in a case, and I'm reluctant to use anything that impairs the use of the vent.

Think I'm going to wait on this awhile until I actually see something in use that looks perfect; probably will just get a cheapie window or dash mount thing for the infrequent times I use GPS, and keep the phone on the car seat when I'm just using it for music/podcasts. In the meantime, think I'll bite the bullet and spend on a connection kit that goes to the head unit....too much money (seems to be a theme here), but don't want to deal with the clutter of having separate power/audio cables.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCLick View Post
Yes, the Pro-Clip is really pricey...but the DLO doesn't look like it'll handle a phone in a case, and I'm reluctant to use anything that impairs the use of the vent.

Think I'm going to wait on this awhile until I actually see something in use that looks perfect; probably will just get a cheapie window or dash mount thing for the infrequent times I use GPS, and keep the phone on the car seat when I'm just using it for music/podcasts. In the meantime, think I'll bite the bullet and spend on a connection kit that goes to the head unit....too much money (seems to be a theme here), but don't want to deal with the clutter of having separate power/audio cables.
doh, that's right. I actually bought two of these: one for my wife and one for myself. It didn't work for her because she uses a case. You can't even use one of those vinyl skins with the DLO.

The Pro-Clip is pricey but if it works well for your application it may be worth it.

However, I do recall seeing a cheapy DIY pro-clip somewhere (do a google search) using a metal plate and a couple screws. This was like two years ago but if I recall correctly it didn't look half bad.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Ah, the wonderful world of overpriced Apple accessories.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
goku87

Drives: Black HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
Ah, the wonderful world of overpriced Apple accessories.
Now words about Apple have ever been truer lol.
Attached Images
File Type: gif iProduct.gif (92.6 KB, 114 views)
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
AliCLick

Altitude and Goku - the ProClip solution is not an Apple product, it works with pretty much every phone/gps on the market. But thanks for sharing your thoughts. I know the Apple haters amuse themselves by posting off topic stuff everywhere....first time I've seen it here though. :)