Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
!yaris!

Drives: '07 Toyota Yaris 4 door
Sedan HID Projector Retrofit Headlights

I just found this site that sells these. A little pricey, but they are the only place I can find that do this for the sedan.If any knows of another place where you can get something like this let me know.

Manufacturers
-- Please Note --
Complete Package Headlights are custom built to order. Their setup will require build time and may also have lead time. Please contact us with questions.

2007-2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan HID Projector Retrofit Headlights
[Yaris SD Complete Headlight Retrofit Package] $929.00
2007-2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan HID Projector Retrofit Headlights

Complete Package Headlights for your 2007-2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan.

This headlight package includes all of the components in our high-end retrofit setups, brand new replica headlight housings and our signature fabrication labor.

This is a great upgrade option for your weak factory halogen headlights. This setup will out perform most high-end luxury xenon headlights.

Components Used:
- Mini-Morimoto High Output bi-xenon projectors
- Morimoto H1 HID Bulbs (4300k, 5000k or 6000k bulb color choice) *
- Morimoto All Digital Ballasts
- Shrouds (E46-R, GTI-R or Mini Gatling Gun design choice) *
- Plug-and-Play wiring Harness
- Brand new Replica Headlight housings (specify exact vehicle year below) *
- Custom Paint of your choice (satin metallic black is our most popular) *

Additional Upgrade Options: *
- CCFL 6000k Angel Eye/Halos (1 per shroud)
- Bright White 6000k LED Lighting Strips (1 per headlight)

* All Options can be selected below

Shown here are our most popular options. For a custom build or different application details please contact us.

(click on the images to enlarge them)

Available Options:
Bulb Color:
Paint Color:
Shrouds:
Upgrade Options:
Year:
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday October 05, 2010.
Saturday March 05, 2011
Twitter Facebook BlackFlameCustoms Videos on YouTube RSS
© BlackFlameCustoms.com | Our Policy
!yaris! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Well you can also try Microimageonline.com they have the projectors G-3 and they also sell the projector headlights already done, just take of your headlight and put those on (plug N play) if you need help just PM me
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Or just go to http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and get your own Morimoto projectors (D2S or H1) and shrouds and do it yourself. That's what I did.
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
rupak447

Drives: Porche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Abner View Post
Or just go to http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ and get your own Morimoto projectors (D2S or H1) and shrouds and do it yourself. That's what I did.

I also got my solution by visiting this site.
rupak447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:34 AM   #5
!yaris!

Drives: '07 Toyota Yaris 4 door
Hey thank you guys! The info is a big help. Big Lo, did you have to change the wire harness on the headlights and fogs? I noticed on the site that the tail lights you had to do some wiring changes. And Lil Abner, how hard was it to do the retrofit yourself with the kit?
!yaris! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:10 AM   #6
big lo

Well it depends on the projectors, all plug n play brotha, meaning all sets come with the necessary wires, the fogs did come with a harness, but my car came with fogs but I wanted a cut off switch for that, and the install is easy but take ur time on some projectors you need to cut and mod them, check out brians retrofits he has done 3 thus far. And all are done step by step but the choice is yours, good luck buddy hope to see some halos soon, peace
TRD sportivo springs,Tokico Blue Shock/Struts,TRD rear sway bar & front bar,Tanabe engine bar,MI hoses (red), MI engine cover,SRI intake,VIOS vent visors,VIOS foglights,VIOS tails (HELLA lights & the Series 5 too),VIOS radio,VIOS badge,VIOS grill,18 inch R-1 rims wrapped in nankang tires 215/35-18z,chrome handles,retrofited the headlights, SHARK body kit (VIOS), Coming soon projectors heads with LED strip, Custom seats, MI hood lifts,MI momo steering wheel, sound system :)
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
echo_hrs got his built thru these guys

cost him about $1100 when all was said and done, iirc.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Well, my conversion was "easy" but took a weekend. Brian's first retrofit using Garm's stuff is more along the lines of what I did. I got the Morimoto D2S projectors. I painted the housings all black (minus the turn signal bowl). I had to enlarge the "bulb hole" like Brian's install showed. However, a problem I encountered was I couldn't use the mounting hardware supplied by theretrofitsource.com. The 2 "nuts" that go on the back were too large in diameter. Luckily, I have a lathe in my shop, so I was able to machine them down. I also had to make a tool to tighten them. It sounds confusing, but once you have the parts, you'd understand.

Another thing you'll have to deal with is the fact that buying just the parts, you need to make the wiring harness. It's not that tough. Some wire, a relay, and some parts from an electronics store. I ended-up making a time delay module for my input to the relay, taking the "high beam" and "low beam" sources from the factory harness, using diodes into my delay circuit. Why the delay circuit? When you use bi-xenon head lights, the bulb STAYS on. And when you flash your brights, there is a SMALL point at which neither the low or high beam circuit has power. You don't notice it with your eyes, but when I checked, it was there. This small delay totally messes up the ballasts. So the circuit I built fixes that problem. It also leaves the headlights on for 2 seconds after I turn them off. Now, Garm's kit has all of this built-in.

So why do it yourself over Garm's kit? The projectors from the website I mentioned has much larger projectors with better output and cut-off patterns. They are more OEM than Garm's kit. So that's why I opted to spend a little more.

If you are patient, and have a weekend, it's a fun project.
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #9
PopsCar

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Hey !Yaris! did you go with the retrofit option from blackflames custom? I'm ready to get these now. Im in the Long Island NY area, i was checking out their site. Was that price posted, or quoted on the phone? That doesnt include insallation right?
thanks

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Pro...n-3-prj-h4.htm
thats what micor immage has, but im not sure about installation, i will have to call and find out. Lemme see some pics

thanks again
PopsCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #10
big lo

^just check out brians first retrofit that's the product that Garm had meaning the G1 now he got the G3 which is a little bit bigger but the same install
TRD sportivo springs,Tokico Blue Shock/Struts,TRD rear sway bar & front bar,Tanabe engine bar,MI hoses (red), MI engine cover,SRI intake,VIOS vent visors,VIOS foglights,VIOS tails (HELLA lights & the Series 5 too),VIOS radio,VIOS badge,VIOS grill,18 inch R-1 rims wrapped in nankang tires 215/35-18z,chrome handles,retrofited the headlights, SHARK body kit (VIOS), Coming soon projectors heads with LED strip, Custom seats, MI hood lifts,MI momo steering wheel, sound system :)
Old 10-26-2017, 02:31 AM   #11
cratsil1979

Drives: yaris 2010
nice work
cratsil1979 is offline   Reply With Quote